X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adam, i'm gonna kick your shit over!

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
      If you change lanes into someone who's at fault?
      The last guy on a bike to rear end my F100 was at fault according to the police officer. He was going about 30mph over the speed limit, and had just crossed the car behind me. So, to assume the person changing lanes is always at fault is not always a good bet.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by cbrjames View Post
        Adam, i'm gonna kick your shit over!
        That's not very nice! :bBishope:
        -2013 Mustang gt.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
          The last guy on a bike to rear end my F100 was at fault according to the police officer. He was going about 30mph over the speed limit, and had just crossed the car behind me. So, to assume the person changing lanes is always at fault.
          A rear end collision is hardly a side swipe.
          -2013 Mustang gt.

Comment

It is real hard to maintain respect when most I encounter drive irresponsible, demanding they have some entitlement for breaking rules and the other motorists that are abiding by the law should yield to their stupidity. It does force me to keep from prejudging others by giving them respect before stupid shit starts happening. Some of the responses on threads like these makes it even harder. Bottom line, you're not helping the others' outlook of the general bike riding population.

Comment

A rear end collision is hardly a side swipe.
              The only reason he didn't hit the side of my truck is because he low sided. It is the exact same event the OP described. You don't get to choose the event that best benefits your cause, we do have a topic of discussion here. And, to clarify your position, the difference between a side swipe, and a rear end is about 10 inches. The only similarity here is an irresponsible rider. You're attemping to differentiate rear ending and side swiping. Essentially what you're advocating is drivers should completely cut off a rider, and not half-ass the attempt. Does that make any sense to you? No, it's a completely ridiculous comparison.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

The only reason he didn't hit the side of my truck is because he low sided. It is the exact same event the OP described. You don't get to choose the event that best benefits your cause, we do have a topic of discussion here. And, to clarify your position, the difference between a side swap, and a rear end is about 10 inches. The only similarity here is an irresponsible rider.
                I misread your other post. In that case yes absolutely the rider was at fault. In this case you're taking the op's word that the guy was going 80+ mph. If he was in his lane and the op cut over on him then I believe the op would be at fault.
                -2013 Mustang gt.

Comment

I misread your other post. In that case yes absolutely the rider was at fault. In this case you're taking the op's word that the guy was going 80+ mph. If he was in his lane and the op cut over on him then I believe the op would be at fault.
                  I'm not going to say I'm the best rider in the world, hell most of the guys on here probably have more experience than my limited time on the road. But I do realize that it isn't a level playing field out there. Two cars sideswipe and we trade paint and insurance cards. A car and a bike collide and someone gets killed. The rider must carry a higher level of responsibility because it is his ass that's on the line in a wreck, and because of that I have a lower tolerance for stupidity on the rider's part.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                    It is real hard to maintain respect when most I encounter drive irresponsible, demanding they have some entitlement for breaking rules and the other motorists that are abiding by the law should yield to their stupidity. It does force me to keep from prejudging others by giving them respect before stupid shit starts happening. Some of the responses on threads like these makes it even harder. Bottom line, you're not helping the others' outlook of the general bike riding population.
                    I'm automatically guilty regardless of the situation just because it's a fucking sport bike. It's the truth no matter how slow or defensive I ride. I've been swerved at going 65mph in the slow lane on I-30. Why sit there and be a sitting duck? I'd prefer to stay in front of traffic as long as it doesn't force me to ride in a way that I'm not comfortable with.
                    -2013 Mustang gt.

Comment

I'm not going to say I'm the best rider in the world, hell most of the guys on here probably have more experience than my limited time on the road. But I do realize that it isn't a level playing field out there. Two cars sideswipe and we trade paint and insurance cards. A car and a bike collide and someone gets killed. The rider must carry a higher level of responsibility because it is his ass that's on the line in a wreck, and because of that I have a lower tolerance for stupidity on the rider's part.
                      Fair enough. I went off on the op based on stereotypical assumptions from witnessing how people drive around here on a daily basis.
                      -2013 Mustang gt.

Comment

I'm automatically guilty regardless of the situation just because it's a fucking sport bike. It's the truth no matter how slow or defensive I ride. I've been swerved at going 65mph in the slow lane on I-30. Why sit there and be a sitting duck? I'd prefer to stay in front of traffic as long as it doesn't force me to ride in a way that I'm not comfortable with.
                        Same here. I've had a guy on Collins driving right next to me. We were doing maybe 20. He looks out his window, directly at my eyes, and starts to come over into me.

Comment

Originally posted by cbrjames View Post
                          Same here. I've had a guy on Collins driving right next to me. We were doing maybe 20. He looks out his window, directly at my eyes, and starts to come over into me.
                          You'll move! Don't worry!
                          -2013 Mustang gt.

Comment

Bumass dikers!!!11!!!!
                            Ded

Comment

Fair enough. I went off on the op based on stereotypical assumptions from witnessing how people drive around here on a daily basis.
                              Riders piss me off cause they assume all of US are the same. I give wide areas to riders on purpose, almost as much room as a give a semi - but I'll lose to a semi so I give just a little more room than I should sometimes when they are swerving.

Guess since a lot of semi trucks swerve out of their lanes sometimes, I should hate them all too.
                              Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

i rode for awhile and want another bike.

but here lately the people on bikes seem to have gotten dumb. i almost went over so guy on a cruiser the other day in keller. he cut in front of me as i was coming up beside him. he was stopped in the turning lane and i was doing roughly 30-35mph in my truck. if he had been a second later or i hadnt responded as quick as i did he would have been another statistic.

i try my best to watch out for bikes, give them more space ect. but if they arent gonna give the same respect then fuck'em. and this is from a rider
                                07 f250-family truckster
                                08 Denali -baby hauler
                                52 f1-rust bucket
                                05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                                livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Working...
                                X