1k update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
    220 lbs on a bike is way different than a car, and i was stating that because I'm big, and 1ks are a little better size wise
    Nigga, how high are you? You think size of motor has to do with size of bike/ergos???

If you want something that's more comfortable a 1000cc supersport isn't going to be any different and depending on the bike could be worse and smaller.

The zx-14 and Busa are physically larger than the supersports but the physical size and ergo layout of a supersport isn't dependent on discplacement.

If you're looking for comfort you want something like a sport touring bike even if your ego doesn't realize it. Z1000s are dope fun to ride bikes. Go to a dealer and throw a leg over one.
    US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

^^^ cb1000,fz1,z1000, speed triple, and finally the Ducati streetfighter.
      I would much rather ride any of those versus a sportbike.
      -2013 Mustang gt.

Comment

I wanted a z1000 but couldn't find one in price that was in good shape. Im 6'2
        2012 GT500

Comment

Straight trade for your speed triple?????

I'd ride that!
          2012 GT500

Comment

the black car had 415rw. It was a low twelve/high eleven car.

220 lbs on a bike is way different than a car, and i was stating that because I'm big, and 1ks are a little better size wise
            Engine size has nothing to do with physical size of a bike.

I'm 6'2" and rode a r6 for over a year and 12k miles before getting a 929.

Listen to what they are telling you, lots of food advice.

Comment

I started on a retired FZR1000 drag bike. It is a wonder I am here today. I have never owned anything under 954 cc, and even a turbo 11, that would eat a current Busa. I almost died probably twice that I knew of and traffic was not shit back then. I also, and this is a big one, rode dirt bikes for years before ever throwing my leg over one. Hell my first first dirt bike was a KX500 and that was all I rode up until about 9 years ago. Dirt bikes are not exactly the same but you learn a hell of a lot. You learn in some situations its better to gas it then hit the brakes, how to ditch the bike, proper braking, clutch work, etc. Yep I popped the front wheel and rode a 1000 thru a ditch one time at a high rate of speed when I ran out of road to fast (pale white after that one). Once you get use to the power of a 1k it is very hard to ride anything smaller off the track. There is no way I would be alive today if traffic was as bad then as it is now, and then throw in a little distracted driver in for good measure. Don't be in a hurry to break the sound barrier, enjoy what you got, and take your time. My officer had never rode a dirt bike or street bike before and was on a SV650 when he died last month. Just be careful we do not want to see even you on the news.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Its doesnt matter the size or the experience, when its your turn to go down your going down. Learn throttle control and the weight of a bigger bike.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                  Its doesnt matter the size or the experience, when its your turn to go down your going down. Learn throttle control and the weight of a bigger bike.
                  Are you saying a beginner rider on a 250cc bike has the same probability of falling of a new rider on a 1000cc bike?

Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                  Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Elementary statistics. Everybody has a 50/50 chance of falling. Either you fall (50%), or you don't (50%).
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Wrong, different bikes defiantly have a role in how the rider acts. Chances of a new rider fucking up on a 600 are greatly less than a unskilled rider on a 1000 .... Just because you did it and it hasn't bit you in the ass changes nothing. Facts are still facts.

I have a pretty good idea on the rates of accidents when it comes to bikes, 1000 riders with less than a few years under there belts have a much much higher rate of going down than the guys on a 600. The largest factor is shit like this wheelie crap with only a thousand miles under his belt. Overconfidence will get you in trouble every time.

Comment

Apples and oranges........

Comment

get the engine out so we can make more power, pussy.
                          pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                            get the engine out so we can make more power, pussy.
                            lol. Maybe this summer. Why would I pay pay $2k to make power out of a 600, when I can just sell it for wayyyy more power? Lol. Seems pointless.

What all can you do to this bike? Tre, full exhaust, power commander? 9hp? Lol
                            2012 GT500

Comment

lol. Maybe this summer. Why would I pay pay $2k to make power out of a 600, when I can just sell it for wayyyy more power? Lol. Seems pointless.

What all can you do to this bike? Tre, full exhaust, power commander? 9hp? Lol
                              actually since we aren't using our suzuki stuff anymore, i think i have a couple timing advancer plates for that generation bike. TRE is a 68ohm resistor in line to tell the computer you are in 5th gear............ No on a power commander, bazzaz is the only way to go, full pipe, get the compression up with a head gasket, move the camshafts around.......there are things that can be done.
                              pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Working...
                              X