Local Dirtbike Suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Dirtbike Suspension

I need someone to work over the suspension on my son's KX65. Would prefer it to be local. I don't need anything extravagant. He's not racing, and never will. So Pro Circuit @ $2500 isn't necessary. He's also going to be stepping up to an 85 within the next year. I don't want to spend a fortune. Just need it all set up for his weight, oil changed, new fork seals, etc.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

I just had my bike done at SLM in Arlington. Did good work and good price.

Comment

Moto Mods/Marty Painter - 817.408.5766

LCS/Lucky Nichols - 214.930.3113

both are really good guys and know their shit.

Comment

Suspension Dynamics in Arlington is who I use. He's magic with suspension and a really nice guy.

Comment

He is not local to you but you can throw it in a box and send it to Chad Newton at total control. He does my sons bikes and does a great job. My son has had help from some big name companys and loves the work Chad does for him. We just got off Factory connection and went back to Chad.

Oh yah,If you talk to him tell him Cameron Lee sent you. He will take good care of you and spend time on the phone with you to make sure you get what you need.

Comment

It's very easy to do...there are many online tutorials and vids. Just buy a rebuild kit and some oil and do it yourself.

Merge Racing is up there and does great work.

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
              Suspension Dynamics in Arlington is who I use. He's magic with suspension and a really nice guy.

http://www.suspensiondynamics.com/
              yep. or SMS in denton. brian uses Racetek parts
              http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

Thanks for the input. I've considered doing myself, because there's no need to spend $2000+, but I'm just not sure as I've never done that before. I'll see how rebuilding this carb goes first. Lol.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

the guy buick posted will do it for about 600 or i bet
                  http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

agree with doc dave......unless its just a completely worn out suspension or your sons weight is over/under what the spring is rated for, just setting the sag to its proper setting should get you where you need to be, then its just a simple as setting the shock compression and rebound to your liking.

Comment

Working...
                    X