Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats involved in getting a bigger rear tire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats involved in getting a bigger rear tire?

I'm just contemplating thoughts in my head about what it would take.

Say it was the same bike, what all would be required to get a tire of that size?

What about if you wanted to go with a single sided swingarm?

Any posts or articles would be nice so I can get more information as I am not even sure what to search for.

Search " (bike name) 300 rear tire". At the very less you'll need a custom swing arm and some kind of jack shaft arrangement for the chain drive.

Comment

big lips and a wide nose

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
        big lips and a wide nose
        I lol'd
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I didnt realize they were so expensive, I've seen kits for $10k which seems absurd for a chunk of metal.

Some of the others kits have neat stuff like being able to store air in them I assume for airbags which actually seems kinda cool.

But with all these options, the pricing stacks so fucking fast to $6k or more for something that seems shouldnt be more than $3.5k.

Maybe i've just been out of this stuff for so long. Billet/CNC fabrication shouldnt be custom for every bike, it seems like you would have the program readily available and just print agaisint the hardware.

Comment

They sell fat tire kits in both regular and single side swing arm. The kits are expensive tho.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
              big lips and a wide nose
              while i normally cannot stand anything you post, today i lolz'd. thanks!

god bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                while i normally cannot stand anything you post, today i lolz'd. thanks!

god bless.
                i'm touched. truly

Comment

it's a prerequisite that you have a list of modifications that are a mile long that include, chrome, lights, more chrome, a long swingarm and never once had a single engine cover off for any sort of maintenance or real performance upgrades.
                  pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Oh, I forgot how trashy this site is. Heaven forbid you dont want to get your hands dirty.

Thanks for the help, I now know what to search for and how stupid expensive it is.

Comment

Internet god can't search.

Comment

Squid move anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                          Squid move anyways.
                          Ha!

It ruins the bike IMO.

Comment

I'm 32 years old, I dont care about performance as much anymore. I've already done that stuff, I just want something that looks nice. Upon further analysis 300MM looks WAY too big, 240mm looks more reasonable. I want a showie bike so I can have a conversation starter to meet people out here. I dont need a gf, I need to meet men. Men that are rich and will give me money to change the world.

No but seriously, I dont know how to network with people, thats the whole point.

I started looking at the bike gtg's out here, looks like a bunch of thugs and trash so it might not be the best way haha

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                              I'm 32 years old, I dont care about performance as much anymore. I've already done that stuff, I just want something that looks nice. Upon further analysis 300MM looks WAY too big, 240mm looks more reasonable. I want a showie bike so I can have a conversation starter to meet people out here. I dont need a gf, I need to meet men. Men that are rich and will give me money to change the world.

No but seriously, I dont know how to network with people, thats the whole point.

I started looking at the bike gtg's out here, looks like a bunch of thugs and trash so it might not be the best way haha
                              buy a ducati and socialize with those guys, not the jap bike crowd........
                              pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Working...
                              X