I got hit Friday night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got hit Friday night

...by a damn sport bike. not sure what happened. I pulled out onto the 360 service road from Redneck Heaven at about 2:30am, and something collided with me hard right in front of the Ford dealership, and I immediately look back and see a rider sliding along the road with his bike.

Scared the shit outta me. Thought it was a car at first. I was lucky enough that I didn't go down as well. I stopped immediately to see if he was okay (and ask what happened) and he had another rider on an R1 with him that also stopped. He had rash, but not so bad since he was wearing full gear, but his bike was thrashed. Said he hit a patch of water (which I took it easy going through) and lost it. Cool dude overall and we exchanged info and everything, and I told him I'd be willing to do it without involving insurance. My rear fender was all that was messed up, but it's a Harley and the msrp on a new one is $383.
    Does anyone here do paint and body? I was told by another rider up at Longhorn HD yesterday that it could be an easy fix (he used to do paint/body work) and I'm trying to keep it rather low cost for the guy that hit me.
    HD Parts
    paul@maverickhd.com

sounds like a combination of him going too fast and you pulling out in front of him...or had he already wrecked and slid into you?

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
      sounds like a combination of him going too fast and you pulling out in front of him

If he was already in front of Don Davis the other guy should have had a ton of time to react. Crazy, good thing he didn't take you down with himself.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
        sounds like a combination of him going too fast and you pulling out in front of him...or had he already wrecked and slid into you?
        nah. he left from the north parking lot exit/entrance and I left from the south one next to Don Davis. He prob got onto the throttle in front of Redneck Heaven. and he hadn't wrecked before hitting me.
        HD Parts
        paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

oh, sounds like he needs to downgrade to a honda rebel then. he might have seemed cool, but me personally, i would go ahead and file a claim with his insurance.

would hate to hear you got fucked over on that deal.

Comment

Damn, dude. You're lucky, glad no one was seriously hurt.

Comment

Glad all parties are ok!!

pics of "rear fender"?
              "PSH!!!"

Comment

That is just crazy being hit at that hour by another motorcycle.

Comment

$383 is still less than a deductible, right?
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I actually found one at the Longview HD for $250 plus shipping, so I may just go that route.

I don't have a pic of the fender right now, but it's not too bad at all really. Guy at the Harley dealer said it could most likely be done without taking it off the bike (which is a hassle for me), so I'd rather just do that. Just looking for a local place to do it.
                    HD Parts
                    paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Good deal. I'd ask him for $400, (the extra covers your shoe leather costs), and move right along.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                      X