post your lid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post your lid

so what helmet are you wearing these days? I'm still wearing a Icon Hooligan Mainframe helmet I bought a couple years ago and looking to get a new one. Been looking at the RSD version of the Bell Star helmet, as it's a $599 lid that I've found for $199 at some places right now. Anyone try out the Star yet?

HD Parts
    paul@maverickhd.com

I've got an Arai that's out of date now.

If I had a street bike right now I would be looking into a Shoei X-12.
    Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
    http://www.titantowing.net
    -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

well I actually just found an Icon Airframe helmet that was new and just listed for a low BIN price on ebay, so I bought it. Awesome, cause I was just about to buy a plain closeout Icon Domain helmet for $130.

one I bought

HD Parts
      paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Comment

That Icon Helmet is a piece of crap. I had one briefly, and the vents did nothing but make noise. The Shoei RF 1000 was much nicer, and after that was stolen, the Scorpion lid was quite good. It now sits unused.

Comment

icon seventh seal

Comment

I know the OP said "your" helmet, but my buddy has an interesting helmet.

Last edited by silvercobra03; 01-24-2011, 04:39 AM.
              sigpic

www.metroplexkustoms.com

Comment

mine.

and my girls.

Comment

I'm still rockin' my OG Rossi

Comment

Ive got too many, but this one is my favorite.
                    Saved my melon on the tollway thanks to the squid that ran into the back of me.

Comment

Works pretty well with the Repsol....

Colors aren't quite as bright in person - flash FTL.

Comment

My buddies from Section 518 stunt team wear those RSD Bell helmets. They look pimp, and come in some really cool packaging where the box looks like an old school safe from a western movie, and then inside the helmet bag is made to look like an old money bag. Really cool looking helmet and packaging. Can't speak to their safety or function though. They said they paid $200 for them, and that was over a year ago.

I've been wearing Arai's on the street for the past 6 yrs and like the way they fit. I don't think I'll stray, but did see that Joe Rocket has a cool supermoto helmet that is a hybrid of a street/dirt lid. My only issue with it is the price...$189. I've used to paying 3x+ that for a quality helmet and am not sure yet that I trust an inexpensive helmet.

I'm in need of a dirt helmet too, so if anyone has any advice, I'm all ears.

Comment

Arai or Nothin For me currently..

Current Dirt is a Black Osbourne and Street is a Haga Aztec.

I've had some Shoei I've liked but the Arai has always fit me the best.

I have about 9 in my collection currently.

I've given away a few Low-End Street and Dirt Lids over the years.

I completely destroyed a week-old tommy gun on the "loop" around Lubbock once as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 86silverbullett View Post
                            icon seventh seal
                            How is visibility with the reflective visor? I currently have a clear and tinted I swap out, but I do like the look of the reflective.

Does it block a lot of light? Pretty impossible to ride at night with?

Reason I ask, i'd like to have something I don't need to swap out, but my tinted is way too dark for night riding.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                              How is visibility with the reflective visor? I currently have a clear and tinted I swap out, but I do like the look of the reflective.

Does it block a lot of light? Pretty impossible to ride at night with?

Reason I ask, i'd like to have something I don't need to swap out, but my tinted is way too dark for night riding.
                              I ride with mine day and night. Not recommended if you have glasses. At night it does get dark where there are no street lamps out.

Comment

Working...
                              X