Gixxer people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gixxer people?

I'm looking to get into another bike for the spring and summer. I've found some decent deals on GSXRs, but I'm not sure what to expect on these bikes (600s and 750s mainly). What should I look for in regards to wear or damage? Any common failures to keep an eye out for?
    I've had an '07 650R, '08 250R, an '04 R1, and an '04 ZX6r. I've enjoyed all of those bikes, but I'm interested in the GSXR bikes, as I've never owned a Suzuki street bike before.

Thanks DFWM!
    Originally posted by Buzzo
    Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

I've spent some time on both of those bikes and they rode okay but it was not the bike for me. Both ran great but just felt rinky. Use your head when purchasing. Clear title, factory fairings and paint, maintenance records, check the oil, does it idle good, are the fork seals intact, etc. I've just always been a Honda guy when it comes to ricerocket fitment.

The pre 2008 K7 bikes were factory catless (idk what newer ones have) and they sound extremely loud with just a slip on. Two brothers for the 600 & M4 for the 750.

Comment

i didn't like the feel of how 'upright' riding one felt. I did like the gear indicator though, as i'm one of those who constantly looks for 7th gear.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
        i didn't like the feel of how 'upright' riding one felt. I did like the gear indicator though, as i'm one of those who constantly looks for 7th gear.
        That ain't no shit! I did that all the time with the indicator
        2012 GT500

Comment

It's a toss up between an GSXR 600 and a CBR 600 right now. I'm leaning towards the CBR, because it's from the original owner, with original fairings, and it's really clean. It does have 10k on it, but the I've seen some really good stuff about the honda bikes lasting a long time with regular maintenance
          Originally posted by Buzzo
          Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Sold my Tahiti blue 600rr with 23k on it and only thing I did was added a manual chain tensioner. Solid bike.. I miss it badly

Comment

Triumph 675

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Only real common thing is the FI light. Ignore it or pull pin 30? I believe from the computer. Other than that, my 06 600 has been a great bike and the 07 1000 I just bought is shaping up to be great as well.

Comment

I have been toying with idea as well. I do not race or want to race, just looking for something fun. I loved my Honda F4I, been looking at the 600 and 750, with that being said everyone keeps saying you will get tired of the 600 fast. But why? I just want to go cruise around and still be able to haul ass when I want to.

Comment

The main thing you have to look out for are the douches that ride gixxers.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                      Triumph 675

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                      x2

i loved my triumph 675. when i decide to get another bike im looking at:

triumph 675r
                      ducati 848

or if i have the balls, bmw s1000rr
                      www.hppmotorsports.com
                      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

I had no complaints with mine. Replace the stator rectifier and you are set.
                        2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                          x2

triumph 675r
                          ducati 848

If I had waited a little bit before picking up the new zx10r, I may have gotten an s1000rr
                          Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                            x2

triumph 675r
                            ducati 848

i went to ducati dallas the other day, im thinking about picking up the 848 streetfighter or the 899 panigale.

they also have the new superleggera for 65k

Comment

Hondas are turd slow. We can flash the ecu's on all of the gsxr stuff, secondary throttles shut down at 13,200 on the k6-present 600's and 750's.
                              pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Working...
                              X