Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up a new bike

Originally posted by soap
    i can fix anything from a broken tractor to an aching pussy!!!

Very nice.
    1995 Cobra #404
    1994 Cobra #1968 **traded**
    1991 LX Hatch 5.0-Sold

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Snake View Post
      Very nice.
      Thanks. It's replacing a freshly rebuilt 2010 Honda 250F which is now for sale. Lol

Comment

Im Jelly... Wanna trade for a 200sx?

Comment

I didnt think you liked KTM's

Comment

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
              I didnt think you liked KTM's
              My screen name has to do with a guy on a moto forum that was ktm300. He was an idiot so I came up with ktm300hater just to bust his balls and I've used it since.

Comment

I actually had a ktm 300 mxc and had a love hate relationship with it. But it was more live than hate

Comment

Damn you. I really want one of those. My 450 has had my mechanic scratching his head since I bought it. Hopefully it will be rolling this week since the weather is perfect, well other than the rain.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                    Damn you. I really want one of those. My 450 has had my mechanic scratching his head since I bought it. Hopefully it will be rolling this week since the weather is perfect, well other than the rain.
                    What's it doing, which 450?

Comment

"Should have waited and bought the 2016" - Vitards

Comment

Originally posted by ktm300hater View Post
                        What's it doing, which 450?
                        04 YZ450 with 27 hours on it. I bought it already warmed up (I know better), and he told me it was kind of hard to start but it had been sitting a good while(years). Its just got a weird ass popping on decel, and not to easy to crank. Tried the exhaust leak theory and it is not that. I am going to check on it in a bit, but we think maybe the stealthy flywheel he put on it may be a tad out of whack or maybe a valve is a hair off. Leakdown showed great compression, jets are spot on, carb is clean, fucking bizarre, and running kind of lean. I rode it and it had plenty of power but something is just off a tad. I have had two of them prior and both would fire off on the first or second kick. I don't ride all the time like I use to so I just wanted a low hour cheaper bike. Get what you pay for sometimes. Bike is clean though and I know they have pretty solid engines in them. I looked at 3 of the KTM's but just didn't want to spend that much this year on one.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Ya check the valves and also check the valve timing. If someone adjusted the valves and got a cam a tooth off it will run wierd like that. Also is the hot start plunger stuck open by chance, possibly the cable isn't adjusted right

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                            04 YZ450 with 27 hours on it. I bought it already warmed up (I know better), and he told me it was kind of hard to start but it had been sitting a good while(years). Its just got a weird ass popping on decel, and not to easy to crank. .
                            hate to say it but your carb isn't clean enough or its a tad lean
                            (also the fact that the jets aren't clean enough) I have had to clean them 3 times before a satisfactory clean was obtained. I like to use torch tip cleaners to clean the jets out, all it takes is a small amount of film to cause that.

Comment

Originally posted by ktm300hater View Post
                              Ya check the valves and also check the valve timing. If someone adjusted the valves and got a cam a tooth off it will run wierd like that. Also is the hot start plunger stuck open by chance, possibly the cable isn't adjusted right
                              Checked most of that. Guy is a solid mechanic but has a few projects going with mine.

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                              hate to say it but your carb isn't clean enough or its a tad lean
                              (also the fact that the jets aren't clean enough) I have had to clean them 3 times before a satisfactory clean was obtained. I like to use torch tip cleaners to clean the jets out, all it takes is a small amount of film to cause that.
                              We will see after he checks the valves. I think the carb even took a nice dip for a while in some quality stuff. The guy I bought it from cleaned it a few times I think (before buying a KTM 350) and my guy cleaned it really good. I am with you though, the bastard sat for seven years being ridden like once. That new gas is some nasty shit. My mechanic is not rapey on pricing and likes a good challenge so we shall see. He is putting a 426 back together today and then going to work on mine tomorrow or so. He tinkers with it a little, then moves on to something else and comes back to it. I am going to go google torch tip cleaners. Hell I will buy new jets if that is the issues. I should have left my Miata stock and bought a 350!

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                              X