Route to Sturgis ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Route to Sturgis ?'s

Headed to Sturgis in August to meet up with my mom and stepdad. I've not been before and looking for recommended roads from anyone that's made the trip from North Texas. I'm looking to make time but would like something with some scenery. Unfortunately due north puts me through Oklahoma, Kansas, and Nebraska which I always here are pretty dull. I've not been any further north than Ski areas outside of Denver, usually went through the panhandle and Raton Pass to I25.

I appreciate any advice. This will be my longest 1 way ride.

I'm going through the pan handle to New Mexico, Colorado to South Dakota. Takes a couple hours longer but the view is better and there is no helmet law. Not really going to get off the beaten path for scenery much, but the view in Colorado doesn't really suck going through pueblo so I will be ok with it.

Comment

Looking at the map, that looks to be the most straight forward route. I generally wear a helmet and have a cruising speed of 85-105 when the roads allow for it. Most of my distance riding has been to Luckenbach and the surrounding areas each year for the Harvest Classic. I expect the scenery to be much more bland headed north.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
        Looking at the map, that looks to be the most straight forward route. I generally wear a helmet and have a cruising speed of 85-105 when the roads allow for it. Most of my distance riding has been to Luckenbach and the surrounding areas each year for the Harvest Classic. I expect the scenery to be much more bland headed north.
        It's really only bland if you go up I-35.
        Last edited by YALE; 04-21-2015, 08:45 PM.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Sounds like I-25 and north will be my path then

Comment

Awesome. I went a couple times with my dad. Fun and beautiful riding.
            2006 Civic SI
            2009 Pilot
            1988 GT
            CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Man, I'd love to go to sturgis. Mainly for the titties and beer...oh and the bikes

You riding the gsxr out there? Make sure to post pics

Comment

I'll be on my 94 r1100rs bmw, my gsxr would have no problem with the trip, but my body would.

Comment

Working...
                X