got GoPro hd helmet cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
    which one did yall get? i ride nights the majority of the time, so that would factor in for me getting one. lets see a night vid brien
    I'm not sure if you can view it or not, but here's a comparison between the GoPro Hero HD and the Drift HD 170 that I recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
      which one did yall get? i ride nights the majority of the time, so that would factor in for me getting one. lets see a night vid brien
      I got the Hero. Will post up videos soon

Comment

I'm losing a lot of video quality going from the raw file to Youtube. I'm trying to find a video editing program that will allow me to save in a HD type format.

Going from the raw file to youtube looks like going from an HD channel on an 1080p TV to bunny ears through a tube.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
          I'm not sure if you can view it or not, but here's a comparison between the GoPro Hero HD and the Drift HD 170 that I recommended.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...=1223553845012
          Wow... big difference at night in both sound and video. Do you happen to have a side-by-side comparison in the day?

*EDIT* Just watched a few of your other videos. Is your recording time limited by battery life or by the memory card size?
          Last edited by Mike K; 02-24-2011, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
            Wow... big difference at night in both sound and video. Do you happen to have a side-by-side comparison in the day?

*EDIT* Just watched a few of your other videos. Is your recording time limited by battery life or by the memory card size?
            They aren't mine, but I can find out for you.

Comment

Ohh... I was going to ask if they were your videos, but after looking at your avatar I figured it would have been a pretty stupid question. I would appreciate it if you could find out; after watching a few of the videos I am very impressed with the sound and quality of the Drift HD170.

Comment

Lol. Yeah, I was at the other end of the pack when that particular video was shot, till I got taken out by a lapped car.

Comment

Built a computer tonight to handle some HD editing, so I'll be tinkering soon to put better ones together!

Comment

I have the older model of GoPro and I love it. Ive got tons of cool video. I agree about the whole low level lighting not being the greatest though, definitely an outdoor camera. Ive got a mount for it under my bumper on the Mustang, I also have the suction cup mount which I use a lot on my kayak (Always dummy cord it! Ive had a couple close calls) and I have the head strap mount which I use for whatever.

Comment

I'm definitely going to pony up for the helmet hero. the SD 170 looks like shit compared to the HD

Comment

Skid, your buddy's GSXR looks just like my old one... LOVE that color combo!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post

here's his reply

Originally posted by David Garland
                          They come with a 2 hour battery or you can get a 4 hour battery, SD cards you can get up to a 32gig card ...must be a class 8 or 9 card that is write speed to card.....I have ran straight for 3 hours of video at the chili bowl this year.....there is rain video and day video at aceracergofast on youtube..you can link over

if they would like to get a Drift HD170 tell them to go to www.mypov360.com

and use my promo code
                          acergofast

code is good for 30.00 off
                          there some real good deals right now, I like every thing but the kitchen sink deal...or they can get smaller package
                          For the record, I'll be buying a 170 when I get ready for one

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I think I am gonig to order right now.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                              here's his reply

For the record, I'll be buying a 170 when I get ready for one
                              Yeah, that seems like the wiser choice, especially if you're using it mostly at night.

Comment

i used mine for some underwater snorkeling videos
                                not too bad , definitely they are in need of some serious editing.
                                The only new bad thing I have to say about this HD camera is the underwater stuff fluctuates with the focus being perfect all the time.
                                Some parts im snorkeling around look clear (like especially if you stop freaking moving, which is hard to do in water)
                                some parts look slightly out of focus.

X2 on the safety strap. I just used parachute cord, works fine and still fits through the hole on the clear cover.
                                mainly liking the 1080p mode.
                                not really digging the wide format 960, due to the fish eye distortion. Fairly sure I'll be shooting 99% like this from now on.
                                maybe will try wide angle again when I go trails/woods tight type riding...
                                if there is a lot of motion wide angle may be worth it, otherwise the clarity of 1080i seems fine, just less vertical viewing angle.

low light continues to suck, some bloom when shooting towards bright lights as should be expected.
                                sound is good, except when not in a case the person shooting it talking can be a bit loud and wind noise. if you just used the non waterproof housing that would fix the sound issues, but I really like it's compactness without the case.

Comment

Working...
                                X