No announcement yet.

Re-Doing my DRZ400SM Wheels - Opinions Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best case scenario, it'll still be 2 weeks before I get everything back and re-assembled. Then, as soon as I get it back on 2 wheels, I get to go drop it off for 1 week to have the suspension done.

Comment

Got the call that the hubs/nipples were done. Went to pick them up, and the color was wrong again. Looked like the clear was applied too heavy, which caused the gold to look faded and more brown. Had georgous gold flake, which is what I want, but they're going to have to re-do them AGAIN and take it easy on the clear.

This is killing me, but at the same time, I'm committed to getting it done right, no matter how long it takes.

Comment

That sucks! But definitely don't settle for anything that's not perfect, especially after all this B.S.
        Ded

Comment

No offense, but you sound like a gigantic pain in the ass. lol
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Where are you going that you can get the wheels put together for $50 ? I need to have a wheel on a dirt bike relaced and have gotten several quotes of over $90 per wheel.

Comment

I found this guy named "Don the Wheel Man" up here in Highland Village...SUPER COOL old school dude that used to work for Custom Chrome building their wheels. He's got great stories about doing biker build-off bikes for Rick Fairless (or however you spell it) and other famous builders. Awesome dude.

Picked mine up today!!!! Front was .0010 out and the rear was .0012 out. Harley's factory spec is .0030, so he was pretty damn good!

He charges $50/wheel, and that's for dissassembly and reassembly!

I'm very happy with how they turned out! There's a shit ton of gold flake that really pops in the sun. I'm lovin it and can't wait to get them bolted on tomorrow.

Comment

Ded

Comment

It took forever, but they're done, and done RIGHT!

Now to bolt on all my other new goodies and take it off to have the suspension re-valved and sprung. I seriously can not wait to ride this thing! Taking it up to NYC this year for our big city ride...gonna be soooo much fun!

Comment

Originally posted by JasonRR View Post
                    It took forever, but they're done, and done RIGHT!

Now to bolt on all my other new goodies and take it off to have the suspension re-valved and sprung. I seriously can not wait to ride this thing! Taking it up to NYC this year for our big city ride...gonna be soooo much fun!
                    The ride sounds like fun, I've seen a few on youtube. I need to get another bike soon!
                    Ded

Comment

Finally got it all back together!! I'm pretty happy with it so far. Sending it off next week to have the suspension done, and then I'll be good for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonRR View Post
                        Finally got it all back together!! I'm pretty happy with it so far. Sending it off next week to have the suspension done, and then I'll be good for a while.

So far? It only took you the better part of 2 months and multiple trips to the same person to get it right. lol
                        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I really like the open subframe setup onm Ryan Moore's crf450, I've been thinking of doing that to mine.

Ded

Comment

easily one of the cleanest drz's ive seen.

post a pic of your red arai with the mirror shield if you can, jason.

I want to order this red agv with a mirror and want to make sure it looks as dope as i think it will be.

Comment

Thanks for the props.

I'm not huge on the open subframe look myself, but Ryan's bike does look sick.

Next up for the DRZ is the suspension work, and then big bore/carb/cams/pipe....but all the motor work is likely going to wait until next year, cause I just wanna ride the damn thing now. It's still only got less than 1,200 miles on it. A gold chain will look dope too when the stock one wears out.

I accidentally ordered the wrong fuckin visor for that red Arai. I ordered the Iridium (sp??) one instead of the mirrored. It still looks good...I'm out of town, but will post up a pic over the weekend.

Comment

im curious how it rides on the street.
                                i see it's a 400, and I might be interested in going tarded'
                                is 400 enough, about right ?
                                i would like to keep it still light weight, any idea of the weight of yours?
                                do they feel pretty weak on the freeway but good otherwise.
                                have to fill up all the time? (hell my cbr only holds a little over 2 gallons...)

Comment

Working...
                                X