My project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    Are you gonna bail on your burb chassis? Just how bad is the rust?
    The body is ate up pretty bad, wrecked behind the pass cargo door and in the rear pass taillight, plus the usual rocker panel rust. The original chassis is good and solid. The only applicable Vin on the truck is in the driver's door jamb, so I only need the body vin tag to register it.

If I can get ahold of a cleaner body then I will pick that up and set the one I have aside for a future 4 door pickup cab.

I'm not abandoning anything, just looking to save a buck on the body work.
    G'Day Mate

Comment

• Originally posted by homealone View Post
      You might verify that. I dont know if it went through but they were talking about killing that option earlier this year.

No more period correct plates. Just the state issued.
      Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
      According to the website this morning you could still register with period plates.
      I got the title changed over in my name and registered my '66 with YOM plates yesterday and didn't have a single problem. It took the lady longer to find the correct color combo for the background/letters than it did to transfer everything and pay.

Title transfer, registration and all was $109.

-Aaron

Comment

• Originally posted by tribaltalon View Post
        but figured I'd say I was on my way to the shop (that i managed LOL) but never did get pulled over.

That's my plan if I ever get pulled over in the Jeep or the Camaro. If it is a nice weekend I'll drive one or the other almost everywhere, neither has a speedo that works right and I haven't been pulled over yet even with no stickers or front plate.

Comment

• Almost a year. Any updates?

Comment

• Haven't made near as much progress as I'd like. Wife got preganant and we now have a 4 month old son. I got all the mounts made up and all the old mounts off. I need to finish weld all the mounts, then I can move on to body work. I'll see if I can snap some pics this week.
            G'Day Mate

Comment

• So your son should be about 4, old enough to give you a hand. Did this project stall out like a few of my own or are you hiding it from us?

Updates!

Comment

• Sadly it has stalled. Spent about a year on the gov't dole 2.5 years ago between jobs and now we're stable, but looking for a bigger house.

Still have it and the 65 impala and my 96 SS, thinking I might try to sell the 65, put the motor back into the 96 and shelve the Burb for a father /son, kids first car kind of project.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
                G'Day Mate

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                  Sadly it has stalled. Spent about a year on the gov't dole 2.5 years ago between jobs and now we're stable, but looking for a bigger house.

Still have it and the 65 impala and my 96 SS, thinking I might try to sell the 65, put the motor back into the 96 and shelve the Burb for a father /son, kids first car kind of project.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
                  Pic/info on 65 impala? 2dr? Recently built one for a friend. interesting cars.

Comment

• Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                    Pic/info on 65 impala? 2dr? Recently built one for a friend. interesting cars.
                    4 door hardtop. It's rough, I have the front sheet metal off of it and the interior gutted. All the trim/glass is there, one small dent in the front driver's fender. Will probably need a trunk floor at this point, but the interior panels should be good.

It was a 327/powerglide car to begin with, but it doesn't have a drivetrain now.
                    G'Day Mate

Comment

Working...
                    X