Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garrapatas Peligrosas Grand Prix - aka 24 hours of Lemons MSR Houston Summer 2011 BIG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garrapatas Peligrosas Grand Prix - aka 24 hours of Lemons MSR Houston Summer 2011 BIG

This is going to kill ANY one on dial up or phones. You've been warned.

So, this is how a couple of us spent our Memorial Day Post Weekend. Garrapatas Peligrosas Grand Prix - aka 24 hours of Lemons MSR Houston Summer 2011. It was one hot mother but it was fun. Here are some pics I've scavenged around the interweb.

A bit washed out after trying to get rid of some of the shadows. But, here we are on Friday as we "tech in". Notice the sweet sight of a nice clean driver's side body panels.....

This was the pace car for the weekend. It was VERY cool being behind it during the warm up laps each day.

I believe I'm driving here, can't really tell, but we're gett'n racey and having fun setting folks up down the front stretch. (200 more yards and HARD on the brakes.)

All kinds of Fords in this race. Here's a nicely sorted out Mod motored Tbird that would be fast but has rev limiter issues. The guys driving this car were Class Acts. Great folks on and off the course! (Not me driving)

One of us chasing a BAD ASS down the front stretch. That car was scary fast. I believe it won the over all.

Pretty good over head shot. All I can say is this car was fast, very fast. We fought oiling problems and other gremlins all weekend. Inspite of the 100+ degree weather we had a good time.
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

I received our fist black flag due to passing under yellow. (Stupid mental mistake for sure. But in my defense the Corner Worker's stand out of the back stretch is DAMN hard to see when you're entangled w/ a few other cars.) Fortunately that black flag was our first and I got off with a stern talking to. Didn't even have to get out of the car.
    Now, the second black flag, that was a different story all together! One of our driver's, unassociated with this board so I'll leave out names, got freaky with another Mustang on track and ended up spinning off. Luckily the spin is what we got black flagged for so the penalty wasn't as severe as it could have been. What WAS the penalty you ask?
    Well, a few of the crew had to dress up like Jihadists, full on suicide bomber style, sit on the car as it was being driving around the paddock screaming things like "DEATH TO YOU INFIDELS!!!!", and "BIN LADEN LIVES FOREVER", etc etc. It was quite funny.

There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

The Boredom Patrol was well put together and as a driver you could really push it into the corners. With better tires and a good engine this thing has real potential.

Comment

I've got a few more pics but they aren't in any sequence and are really just more of the same. If I find anymore I'll post em up. Enjoy.

Thanks to the team, drivers and wives, it was one hell of a hot, but good, weekend. Looking forward to ECR in December!! (Assuming I have a ride.....)

Comment

looks like fun

Comment

That third pic was me driving.

Interesting tidbit: the tbird was limited at 116 mph, and we were passing it and pulling away on the backstretch. It is likely we were rolling 120+ through there.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
              That third pic was me driving.

Interesting tidbit: the tbird was limited at 116 mph, and we were passing it and pulling away on the backstretch. It is likely we were rolling 120+ through there.
              Makes sense. I couldn't remember who I was passing or when, it happened so often!!

I'm almost sure we were up in the 120's, I mean, what is the absolute top in for 4th? Mid for 5th? There was some serious "DAMN THIS IS FAST" before I hit the brakes on the back stretch.

Comment

great pics. Car sounded great. I like how slammed down it was.

Tbird had power out of the turns...unfortunately they were apexing every corner and like to be pointed the wrong way a few times. I'm sure they will figure it out like everyone else.

Build it stronger build it faster!
                Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                  Makes sense. I couldn't remember who I was passing or when, it happened so often!!

I'm almost sure we were up in the 120's, I mean, what is the absolute top in for 4th? Mid for 5th? There was some serious "DAMN THIS IS FAST" before I hit the brakes on the back stretch.
                  What gears are y'all running?

Comment

I love the suicide bomber penalty, that is classic. I bet is was super hot out there that weekend, but it looks like yall had a great time. The Houston track has almost a perfect setup for Lemons IMO with all the pavement/covered paddock area and it makes it a fun weekend for sure. I wish we could have been there. Any note worthy details on the car setup? What kind of oiling issues were happening?

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
                      What gears are y'all running?
                      3.55's, stock t5, 235/50/17's
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                        I love the suicide bomber penalty, that is classic. I bet is was super hot out there that weekend, but it looks like yall had a great time. The Houston track has almost a perfect setup for Lemons IMO with all the pavement/covered paddock area and it makes it a fun weekend for sure. I wish we could have been there. Any note worthy details on the car setup? What kind of oiling issues were happening?
                        MSR is a great track, and with a little over 40 cars starting, it was very empty, compaired to what I'm used to.

The car has a carbed 5.0, stock t5, shorties and a small cam. 13" brakes on the front ( usinng EBC blues, they worked great) and v6 disks on the back. Brake bias is great, I may swap in some decent race type pads on the back just to see how much difference it makes.

We were turning 2.0x saturday, and with the removal of a muffler, we were looking for a sub 2 min lap, but blowby and oil leaks plauged us all weekend, and water in the fuel combined with a cracked fuel line and being SO hot sunday made us decide to trailer it and go home. It wasn't bad Satuday, only mid 90's. Sunday was a record high temp day, 104 officially.

Comment

I would say that 125-130 mph would be about right at the top of 4th. I want to say I was just under 120 at the top of 4th with 3.73's.

I see y'all are running a carb. Do you happen to have a tach to see how far you're stretching it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
                            I would say that 125-130 mph would be about right at the top of 4th. I want to say I was just under 120 at the top of 4th with 3.73's.

I see y'all are running a carb. Do you happen to have a tach to see how far you're stretching it out?
                            We had the factory tach hooked up, but it was not even close to accurate.it wasn't as bad with it wired to the MSD 6al, but the msd died midway through the last race, so we didint have it for this one.

Comment

Working...
                            X