Restrepo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restrepo

FYI it's on NG channel 11/29 @8PM. Set your DVR.

A stunning chronicle of one U.S. platoon in one of the most dangerous valleys in Afghanistan. Winner of the Grand Jury Prize for Documentary at Sundance.➡ Su...

great show, i watched it here a while ago in afghanistan. we are not very far from the korengal valley at all, maybe 5 or 6 miles northeast of it. been there once, had to take some ammo in there for this big push a while back, cant say why we were in there, but it is what it is. that valley is full of them mother fuckin flea infested sack of shit taliban. we shoulda never pulled out of that valley. my cousin was stationed at the korengal outpost for a year, worst place a man could be. every day, constant fighting. that place is the real of all reals. im glad i will never have to go back in there again. that one time was enough for me
    sigpic 92 GT, 5 Lugged, 306, Vortech V1 S Trim, 42# injectors, Aeromotive Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator, MSD Boost Timing Master, TKO 600, Moser 31 Spline Axles, 3.73's.

Comment

Originally posted by fbodyjohnny View Post
      great show, i watched it here a while ago in afghanistan. we are not very far from the korengal valley at all, maybe 5 or 6 miles northeast of it. been there once, had to take some ammo in there for this big push a while back, cant say why we were in there, but it is what it is. that valley is full of them mother fuckin flea infested sack of shit taliban. we shoulda never pulled out of that valley. my cousin was stationed at the korengal outpost for a year, worst place a man could be. every day, constant fighting. that place is the real of all reals. im glad i will never have to go back in there again. that one time was enough for me
      Dude you are over here too. You didn't say anything in the emails about that.

When I got hired back with a company here in afg Korengal was supposed to be my AO. I get here and well things changed and I am stuck in BAF. One of my old coordinators worked the Korengal and was actually traveling with Junger during a few trips in. He was supposed to give me his harddrive with some video he shot but bounced before doing so.

Restrepo is a great documentary. I went to see it back in August with Helosailor (Scott), awesome portrayal of war. Too bad that most of this country is not that hostile or we would have a better chance at killing the buggereaters faster.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

yea, well, i jus dont see why we are letting the taliban use that valley as a safehaven. bomb them fuckers ya know? take them all out.
        sigpic 92 GT, 5 Lugged, 306, Vortech V1 S Trim, 42# injectors, Aeromotive Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator, MSD Boost Timing Master, TKO 600, Moser 31 Spline Axles, 3.73's.

Comment

I missed it when it was in theatres... looking forward to it.

Comment

I built the first fighting position in the lumber mill that became the Korengal Outpost in 2006, we had no idea how bad it was going to be for the next 16 months. I still can't bring myself to watch this :frown:

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
              I missed it when it was in theatres... looking forward to it.
              I doubt it will ever hit the theaters again. The DVD release is mid December though. You can pre order on Amazon, I did.
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Its on NatGeo On Demand now also

Comment

dvr set i cant wait to see this

Comment

i thought it was going to show a lot more, but it will still give you a VERY real look at how some things went down. dont underestimate it at all, i am quite sure they edited a LOT of firefight scenes out of it to make it suitable for the public, even though it does have some very "disturbing" scenes in it. its a totally different ballgame with these fuckin taliban, i have experience fighting the lil fuckers myself, its VERY hard to see where they are attacking from, they know the land like the back of their hands, their tactics are actually decent, but its always game over when the apaches come with some 30mm business and some rockets.

Comment

Originally posted by fbodyjohnny View Post
                      i thought it was going to show a lot more, but it will still give you a VERY real look at how some things went down. dont underestimate it at all, i am quite sure they edited a LOT of firefight scenes out of it to make it suitable for the public, even though it does have some very "disturbing" scenes in it. its a totally different ballgame with these fuckin taliban, i have experience fighting the lil fuckers myself, its VERY hard to see where they are attacking from, they know the land like the back of their hands, their tactics are actually decent, but its always game over when the apaches come with some 30mm business and some rockets.
                      They've been fighting modern armies with guerilla tactics for the past 30 years, almost.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Set to record, thanks for the heads up, been wanting to see it for a while...

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                          They've been fighting modern armies with guerilla tactics for the past 30 years, almost.
                          yep. they wouldnt have a chance a us if they came to fight like men though. i think its funny how they try to use their "guerilla" tactics when they attack our FOBs, they just get mauled by artillery, mortars, and bombs. stupid. for every 1000 of them WE kill, they MIGHT hurt/kill a few of us.

Comment

Just a heads up. Looks like it will be available for streaming on Netflix on 12/7.

Comment

Bump!

Just started

Comment

Working...
                              X