Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
    Much love for Brand Nubian.

Here are some tracks from a live session from Australian band Tame Impala. Studio tracks on the new album (Lonerism) are incredibly well produced, almost to the point of being overproduced. Very riffy material.

I picked this album up at a record shop this past weekend, after now two people recommended it who I trust in judgement (Yes, kemosabe, one of thems is you. Doesn't that bring you great joy?). The samples I heard a few months ago didn't really sound like my cup of tea, but I'm willing to give it a chance for $10. Didn't have time to listen to it, but plan on sitting down with it sometime in the near future, along with the few others I picked up.

Here is what albums are in rotation now:

How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

• Not sure why, but this album has been stuck in my head all week, haven't really listened to it in a few years.

Here's the full album if anyone wants to listen to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geor! View Post
        I picked this album up at a record shop this past weekend, after now two people recommended it who I trust in judgement (Yes, kemosabe, one of thems is you. Doesn't that bring you great joy?). The samples I heard a few months ago didn't really sound like my cup of tea, but I'm willing to give it a chance for $10. Didn't have time to listen to it, but plan on sitting down with it sometime in the near future, along with the few others I picked up.
        It's a great honor, indeed. It's an interesting album, at the least. Its appeal might be a little pointed, but I think the production value warrants exploration.

Interesting that you posted up something off Aqualung; I somehow hadn't managed to listen to that album all of the way through until a couple of months ago.

Comment

• Comment

• I went on tour with The Old 97's 2 weeks ago (hanging out with them, not playing) and their opening band at 2 of the shows I went to was a local band named The Travoltas. I don't know if any of you know who Salim Nourallah is, but it's his band. He's been around the Texas music scene for a long time. Anyway, their bit is a little campy (especially the suits), but it's supposed to be. It's not my usual kind of music at all, but I like it. Here are a few of their songs.

I think this is my favorite:

Comment

• Current rotation:

How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

• [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB3Z3pna4oE[/ame]

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by talisman
                    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                    Originally posted by AdamLX
                    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    Because fuck you, that's why
                    Originally posted by 80coupe
                    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                    Originally posted by Rick Modena
                    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                    Originally posted by Jester
                    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

• ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Comment

• I see we have a few Thrice fans, nice.

Song unrelated:

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Get out your lighters, girls.

Comment

Working...
                                X