2012 5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
    I'll be hard pressed to buy another new GM product after the way they treated my issue ("this is normal... Carbon build up on pistons... Blah blah).

David.
    Spot on brother, and I couldn't agree more. It's not always what happens, it's how well they stand behind it when it does....in my experience GM has no interest in taking care of people when their junk breaks.
    70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

• Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
      Spot on brother, and I couldn't agree more. It's not always what happens, it's how well they stand behind it when it does....in my experience GM has no interest in taking care of people when their junk breaks.
      x3 I will never own another new GM. It sucks because I love Corvettes.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by ALLAN View Post
        So is this the first confirmed #8 with no tune? Makes me think now that Ford has fucked some people.
        No I've read there's been a handful and as long as there's not a tune Ford has taken care of them.
        2012 5.0 M6
        sigpic

Comment

• New engine is running ok.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Tbird can you list your mods again? Manual?

Comment

• Nice! I just turned over 27,000 in mine, and still beat it mercilessly on a regular basis. So far, the only injuries have been to the clutch. A victim of a few too many high rpm launches. Still doesn't slip, but it has a funny "feel" to it now. Thinking seriously about returning the car to full stock and just dailying it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
                Nice! I just turned over 27,000 in mine, and still beat it mercilessly on a regular basis. So far, the only injuries have been to the clutch. A victim of a few too many high rpm launches. Still doesn't slip, but it has a funny "feel" to it now. Thinking seriously about returning the car to full stock and just dailying it.
                I daily my 700 h.p. 5.0

Comment

• Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                  Tbird can you list your mods again? Manual?
                  2012 base GT (cloth seats)
                  six speed manual
                  factory 3.73s
                  factory Brembo brake package
                  Eibach Sportline springs
                  Tokico D-Spec shocks/struts
                  UPR adjustable panhard rod
                  UPR shifter bracket
                  20x9 and 20x10 Shelby CS40 wheels
                  Nitto 265/35 555ZR and 305/35 555R drag radials

I still call it stock but some people might whine. It is still stock engine, intake, exhaust, air filter, and tune. The DRs have 10k miles on them; they're pretty beat. I pulled the carpet and spare tire inflator kit out of the trunk and I disconnected the front sway bar.

DA was 1300

Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
                  Nice! I just turned over 27,000 in mine, and still beat it mercilessly on a regular basis. So far, the only injuries have been to the clutch. A victim of a few too many high rpm launches. Still doesn't slip, but it has a funny "feel" to it now. Thinking seriously about returning the car to full stock and just dailying it.
                  I'll probably turn 27k this week myself. The clutch is still feeling good. It's been a great daily.

Comment

• That's fantastic. You'd only loose by about 15 cars to an old, clapped out LT1! Be proud!

Comment

• There are members on this site that weren't even born before your LT1 glory days.

Comment

• Nice, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                          New engine is running ok.
                          Back to normal I see

Comment

• Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                            I daily my 700 h.p. 5.0
                            That's nice, so do I. But mine makes a bit more than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
                              That's nice, so do I. But mine makes a bit more than that.
                              Well pat yourself on the back!

Comment

• Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                                I daily my 700 h.p. 5.0
                                Well pat yourself on the back!

Comment

Working...
                                X