No announcement yet.

My LS-Coupe Turbo Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to start playing with the suspension, get that thing to hook n book!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pooter View Post
      Time to start playing with the suspension, get that thing to hook n book!
      brooks said it needs a good boost controller, i think he is right, i need more control over when/how the boost comes in. leaving with a lot of boost over powers the radials off the brake.

Comment

• got a couple of the (terrible) runs from the other night uploaded.

here is brooks doing his best "told you so" (this was just after he was telling me the way I had my 2 step wired (through a separate switch from my tbrake) was not going to work), needless to say he was right (as always). i didn't let off the 2 step at the exact same time as the tbrake like i planned and the car did a very odd stumble out of the hole (run was obviously trashed) his expression is probably the same one he makes every time i ask him a question.

then i went for another pass after i rewired the 2 step in the staging lanes (not the best thing to be doing as you are 5 cars back, but oh well). this fixed the stumble out of the hole, but i left with literally no boost, car fell on its face with the 1.76 1st and no boost. 60' was like a 1.9 and per the log i didn't get full boost until after the shift to high gear.

the next run i decided i'd turn up the 2 step and let it build some boost before i left, well, everything went as planned except traction. believe it or not this was the best run of the night at 6.2, listen close and you will hear 7000rpms on a stock lsx longblock w/boost. spun hard as hell.

the last run of the night i didn't get a video of, i was on the brake and moved my hand to get a better hold of the shifter and let off the brake before any of the lights dropped (we were both staged), car spun anyways but felt strong as hell up top (log shows i let out at 124mph (normally i am letting out around 120 per the log).

here is a little hit from in car, my buddy wanted to go for a ride

Comment

• What exhaust is on the car?
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            What exhaust is on the car?
            5" open downpipe, not nearly as loud as you'd think (quieter then my 3.5" h-pipe w/4 mufflers)

here is the last run where i slipped off the tbrake

Comment

• Lol!

Comment

• Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                Lol!

"what did i say"

Comment

• Originally posted by dville_gt View Post

"what did i say"
                  That's good shit!
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Every so often someone attempts to re-invent the wheel James. Some successful. Some, well, not so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnimike1 View Post
                      Every so often someone attempts to re-invent the wheel James. Some successful. Some, well, not so much.
                      i was just glad i am the one that put the car together, otherwise there would have been no way i could have gotten the two step to trigger off the tbrake button with just a pocket knife while i am a few cars back in the staging lanes! on that note i need to go wire that all up correctly, i didn't even have electrical tape!

Comment

i was just glad i am the one that put the car together, otherwise there would have been no way i could have gotten the two step to trigger off the tbrake button with just a pocket knife while i am a few cars back in the staging lanes! on that note i need to go wire that all up correctly, i didn't even have electrical tape!
                        Need to put that in the track box along with some zip ties and duct tape.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnimike1 View Post
                          Need to put that in the track box along with some zip ties and duct tape.
                          flying jew might have bought a new goodie for O.J. today

Comment

flying jew might have bought a new goodie for O.J. today
                            zip ties and duck tap?

Comment

• Originally posted by 80coupe View Post
                              zip ties and duck tap?

watch it, i know it

Comment

• lulz

Comment

Working...
                                X