No announcement yet.

My LS-Coupe Turbo Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whew, good to hear. you have a ballpark on what i am looking at paying for a bottle of argon? it's my FIL's tank (he has it on rotation at the welding supply in weatherford) but since i used it up i am obviously going to foot the bill, just wondering what the expect. it's a full size bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
      whew, good to hear. you have a ballpark on what i am looking at paying for a bottle of argon? it's my FIL's tank (he has it on rotation at the welding supply in weatherford) but since i used it up i am obviously going to foot the bill, just wondering what the expect. it's a full size bottle.
      The BIG bottle is probalby near 60$.

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
        The BIG bottle is probalby near 60$.
        okay, with the amount of consumables i've chewed up i'm still getting a great deal even if i didn't/don't use a full bottle. i'm a little worried about the cold side welding now that i've gotten used to how mild steel welds. going to need to play with some scrap metal for a while or i have a feeling i'll be melting a lot of aluminum!

Comment

When to raceparts site (where i bought my stuff) and this is what it says about the flex pipe:

Weld-on flex pipes allow movement and vibration dampening in the exhaust system. Measurements given are overall length. Mild steel ends make up 2" of the overall length.
          so i guess it's mild on the ends and stainless inside? makes me feel better about the filler rod i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
            When to raceparts site (where i bought my stuff) and this is what it says about the flex pipe:

so i guess it's mild on the ends and stainless inside? makes me feel better about the filler rod i guess.

I'm not sure where they get that from, but the ones I've purchased through them, about 20 or so, are all stainless. I think, if anyhting, the only possible MS part is the outter ring.

Comment

koowel build.
              Originally posted by Buzzo
              Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                koowel build.
                thanks (assuming that means cool build )

Comment

Pretty much finished up the hot side now.

Made braces for both wastegates

Last edited by dville_gt; 11-23-2011, 09:11 PM.

Comment

That's it! I'm ordering my turbo!
                    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Looks good from what I can see. Dark pics and on my phone. Would like to see in person some time.
                      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                      86 SVO - Sold
                      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Appreciate it, I tried making them brighter, maybe it'll help (stupid iphone camera takes crap pictures)

Comment

I re-worked the passenger cross over to make it come across the front of the motor more level, I know my pictures suck but it looks/fits a lot better now.

Comment

Only thing i see as a possible problem is the wastegate placement. Its not in a really good flow path...but might work ok since you have two gates. Whats the lowest boost you are looking to run?

Comment

Partial thanks to you, now I have a T70 headed my way. Thanks....
                              Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                                Partial thanks to you, now I have a T70 headed my way. Thanks....
                                Nice!
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X