My LS-Coupe Turbo Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TTls1coupe View Post
    LOL!!!!! Thats try i,ve only meet you one time and didnt have my car.
    when did we meet?

Comment

• Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
      when did we meet?
      How can you forget that night, James?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        How can you forget that night, James?

Comment

• Just so you see what a silver 5 sec ls coupe looks like

[img=http://imageshack.us/a/img585/149/ja1r.jpg]
          [img=http://imageshack.us/a/img255/8210/jayk.jpg]

Comment

• Originally posted by Cmarsh View Post
            mmmm... minty fresh.

do you guys race with no filters on the turbo's? i've been reading up that some folks pick up some pretty good gains pulling their filters. i'm still experiencing some drop in boost through the power band and from everything i've read i think i might pick up some power pulling the filter. with mine in pointing into the fenderwell i could only run the 6" long filter from RPS. apparently turbo's are good at compressing air but not so good at pulling it in. any thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cmarsh View Post
              Just so you see what a silver 5 sec ls coupe looks like
              Looks slow.

Comment

mmmm... minty fresh.

do you guys race with no filters on the turbo's? i've been reading up that some folks pick up some pretty good gains pulling their filters. i'm still experiencing some drop in boost through the power band and from everything i've read i think i might pick up some power pulling the filter. with mine in pointing into the fenderwell i could only run the 6" long filter from RPS. apparently turbo's are good at compressing air but not so good at pulling it in. any thoughts?
                I never run filters. Never had any thing happen to them to. You need to see what CFM that filter is good to and how much CFM your pulling at 20lbs then you will no.

Comment

I never run filters. Never had any thing happen to them to. You need to see what CFM that filter is good to and how much CFM your pulling at 20lbs then you will no.
                  ya, from what i've read people suggest if you are going to run a filter to run the absolute largest one you can fit, but since my turbo faces into the fenderwell i can only get a 6" long one on there and RPS doesn't publish any flow numbers on their filters. i'll probably put a screen on it next time out and see if it makes a difference.

Comment

ya, from what i've read people suggest if you are going to run a filter to run the absolute largest one you can fit, but since my turbo faces into the fenderwell i can only get a 6" long one on there and RPS doesn't publish any flow numbers on their filters. i'll probably put a screen on it next time out and see if it makes a difference.
                    Why not spend $35 on a 3pull dyno at gearheads, pull the filter and see if it picks up or does anything different? Side benefit: you can check your afr against theirs.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

NO NO NO screen. I had them on mine and at 10lbs it was fine but at 18-20 it hurt power like crazy. I took them off and pick up 75hp and 100tq.

Comment

NO NO NO screen. I had them on mine and at 10lbs it was fine but at 18-20 it hurt power like crazy. I took them off and pick up 75hp and 100tq.
                        Yep, we saw the power drop on my car with a screen.

Comment

• I dig a FAST car with Power Brakes and clean engine bay
                          Funny how these LS engines (appears) to fit almost better than a windsor...

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron View Post
                            Why not spend $35 on a 3pull dyno at gearheads, pull the filter and see if it picks up or does anything different? Side benefit: you can check your afr against theirs.
                            you're right, i need to. i think i'll drive it up to hpp one of these days and put it on their rollers. i've been hesitant to do it cause a: i don't really care about hp, and b: it's funny to tell folks it's never been on the dyno when they ask how many horsepowers it has

Originally posted by TTls1coupe View Post
                            i will probably try to rig something up so it can't ingest a rock or something then.

Originally posted by robert View Post
                            I dig a FAST car with Power Brakes and clean engine bay
                            Funny how these LS engines (appears) to fit almost better than a windsor...
                            jays car is fucking dope!

Comment

• Comment

• Sweet!

Definitely time for a new paint job.

Comment

Working...
                                X