pretty bad ass time lapse video of Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pretty bad ass time lapse video of Oregon

One of my old skydiving buddies has been working for a fledging production company, and they've been working on this project for quite some time. The video is pretty bad ass.. the night time views are incredible.

fuck it i cant figure out how to embed a vimeo video.

Produced 2011 by Uncage the Soul Productions Ben Canales, John Waller, Steve Engman, Blake Johnson http://www.uncagethesoul.com To plan your adventure to Oregon,…
    http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

I hate light pollution. I really think that a full clear sky of stars is one of those hidden wonders that we've lost to our modern world.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
      I hate light pollution. I really think that a full clear sky of stars is one of those hidden wonders that we've lost to our modern world.
      My grandpa owns some land about an hour north west of Waco near a town called Cranfills Gap. Seeing the milky way stream in the sky is fucking badass.
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Awesome vid. The sky in west tx is like that, just amazing how much more you can see.
        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
        86 SVO - Sold
        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

That's cool!
          Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
          90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Reminds me when I was stationed in Arizona. With the No-light law in effect the night sky was bright enough to the point where you didn't even need the street lights.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
              My grandpa owns some land about an hour north west of Waco near a town called Cranfills Gap. Seeing the milky way stream in the sky is fucking badass.
              My wifes cousin tessa wheeler owns a ranch and taxidermy in cransfills gap. Lol.its insane how much effort goes into timelapse. They also did a video called treeverse which is pretty dope too.
              http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

Originally posted by f0ur sixer View Post
                Reminds me when I was stationed in Arizona. With the No-light law in effect the night sky was bright enough to the point where you didn't even need the street lights.
                what is the no light law?

Comment

Curious how long that took to produce.

Comment

Gorgeous cinematography!!!!!!

Comment

Badass. I grew up in Oregon makes me miss it.

Comment

Very cool stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                          what is the no light law?
                          It's a city code because of the observatory out there.

In the heart of downtown Tucson, Arizona, a city of nearly 500,000, one can view the Milky Way with the naked eye. Tucson and Pima County first adopted outdoor lighting ordinances in 1972 in an effort to provide standards so that night lighting did not interfere with nearby astronomical observatories. The lighting control ordinance of Tucson/Pima County has been revised many times over the years. The 2006 Code is still quite strong and it is copied below.

The code's purpose is outlined in the ordinance:

The purpose of this code is to preserve the relationship of the residents of City of Tucson/Pima County to their unique desert environment through protection of access to the dark night sky. Intended outcomes include continuing support of astronomical activity and minimizing wasted energy, while not compromising the safety, security, and well being of persons engaged in outdoor night time activities. It is the intent of this code to control the obtrusive aspects of excessive and careless outdoor lighting usage while preserving, protecting, and enhancing the lawful nighttime use and enjoyment of any and all property. It is recognized that portions of properties may be required to be unlit, covered, or have reduced lighting levels in order to allow enough lumens in the lighted areas to achieve light levels in accordance with nationally recognized recommended practices.

Comment

UFO at 3:07!
                            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                              UFO at 3:07!
                              Neat stuff
                              I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible,

but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake

Comment

Working...
                              X