• Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is it getting bags?
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Bringit View Post
      I'm going back and forth on that right now. I need to make the final decision though, As Im trying to order all the componants by the weekend. I know that overall, I would probably be much happier with the crown vic or mustang II swap. I'm still not sure whether or not, Im going to bag it or not.

I've pretty much settled on a FatMan Fabrications rear swap kit. Theres not much welding involved, and I really only have to C notch the frame in the rear.

The only real thing I'm battling with is the front end swap vs. the Dream Beams. If I had an entire shop to myself, that the truck could sit for a while, I would do a complete frame off, and the Crown Vic would be a FOR SURE. But, I am really hampered by shop space and time.

Just do the beams and a flip kit in back. Put some white walls on it and the work the paint.
      07 GT500
      05 SRT10
      88 turbocoupe T-bird
      93 Cobra
      86 coupe
      Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
        that truck would look really good green and cream
        That's funny, because I was really thinking the same thing. I've pretty much narrowed it down to 3 or 4 possible paint schemes. Most of which are two tone/factory style paint schemes.

Turquoise/white
        OliveGreen/white
        Champagne/white
        Flat Olive green

As bad as it sounds, I'm really waiting on making a final decision on wheels before I choose the color. And whether or not, I'm going to buy all new trim. There's a few different ways I want to go with this truck, so I want to make sure I choose wisely.

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
        When is it getting bags?
        Well, maybe I took the easy road out on this one....but, I had my reasons. This is the one decision I have already made. After it was all said and done, I didn't want to hack up a frame on a classic truck. I know they aren't worth a ton of money, but down the road, whe I'm ready to sell this one, I would like to think it would bring more money without the frame being cutup, and welded all over the place. So, I went ahead and ordered the complete JDM Dream Beam set up, for he front suspension, and their shackle/ hanger kit in the rear. Parts included all new king pins, shims, and shocks, front and rear
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
          Just do the beams and a flip kit in back. Put some white walls on it and the work the paint.
          Good suggestion, as you can see posted above...I did go ahead and order the JDM stuff. In the end, with a few tweaks it will still drop it 4 inches in the front, and 5 inches in the rear. It's not slammed, but it will be the perfect stance. I didn't want to hack up the frame. And if someone buys it in the future, they will be able to remove the entire kit, and once again have a factory stock suspension, without ever being able to tell that it had been lowered.
          sigpic

Comment

Best looking Ford truck ever made! I have a 69 SWB myself. It's just sitting for now but once I get my new house built, it's game on again.

Comment

Tinkered with a few more things today. Breaking down the interior panels on the doors, to start prep. Also rehung the tailgate, as yesterday, I just kind of set it on there, without all the latches. And one of my biggest pet peeves of all, is window tint on classics. So, I busted out the razor blade and went to work. Looks 10x better sans tint. I also made a pretty cool discovery. There was a set of Kicker 6x9's under the seats, that I had no idea were there. So, I threw a cd in the player, and jammed out. They sounded pretty good actually. First time I had even turned the radio/cd player on.

I also had a little help today, from my little man.

sigpic

Comment

Well, Its been a while since Ive posted an update. Alot of headaches over the last month or so. I figured, that I would go ahead and knock out the suspension, and get his thing lowered.

I went ahead, and went with drop beams in the front, and shackle/hanger kit in the rear. At this point in time, it would have been cheaper to do a Crown Vic fron end swap, or maybe even a M2 swap, but hindsight is 20/20. In the end, for "classic/collector" value, I didnt want to hack up the frame at all. I ordered the complete kit, from Chasis Tech/AIM/Airbagit...and it was $1,000 delivered. I ordered everything in "raw" steel, SO I could have everythign powder coated. When it showed up, everything "looked" good, so the install began.

It didn't take long, to realize that some of the pieces weren't correct. I measued, and measured again. After some heated conversations with the manufacturer, We both agreed that some of the suspension components they sent me, were NOT for an F100. This began a 3 week, span of time, where I sent back parts, and overnighted parts back to me, and continued to get incorrect parts. Every time, they would be "fabricating" new parts. UPS lost a package as well, in that same time frame. I was warned how much a pain in the ass, the dropped beams were....but I had no idea. I ended up taking the old beams to a machine shop, to press the existing king pins. Also, had them fabricate me some custom tie rod relocators.

While all this debacle was taking place, I went ahead and swapped the drum brakes, over to disc brakes from a 74 f100. Bought all new calipers, and all new brake lines. Stops much better now.

All, in all I'm happy with the end result...but feel like, I took the abesolute worst path to get there. It took right at a month, to get something done that realistically should have taken a day/day and a half max. With all new shocks/springs it also rides like a dream. Much better than before. I ended up getting right at 3.6 inches of drop in the front, and 5.1 inches of drop in the rear. I can still remove one of the leafs in the rear, to get another 1/2 inch drop. But, I will wait until my wheels to show up, to see exactly what kind of clearance issues I might have. Anyways, sorry for the long winded post...but, it was a very frustrating process. Heres some pics.....

Next stop....paint and body work!!!!!
                Last edited by Bringit; 03-04-2012, 12:52 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Pics-

sigpic

Comment

lookin' good.

mardyn

Comment

Looks great man. I'd love to do an old truck like that, or maybe one from the 50's. Sweet pics too, I actually kind of like the "petina" look.
                      04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
                      There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Looking good man!! I'd like to do that to a 70's ford pu

Comment

unfortunately AIM is known for terrible customer service and bad parts. I have read tons of stories about sending wrong parts

Comment

I dig it just like it sits..
                            Originally posted by Yale
                            I want to give her a colonoscopy with my tongue.

Comment

I like it how it is right now. Shoot some flat clear on it and roll on.

Comment

What a difference, nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X