No announcement yet.

The Beaver Recut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Passion.... Ironic to say the least. Im speechless. once again.

For those who dont remember....

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    (Redirected from The Passion of Christ)
    Jump to: navigation, search
    This article is about the film. For the passions of Jesus Christ, see Passion (Christianity).
    The Passion of the Christ

Directed by Mel Gibson
    Produced by Bruce Davey
    Mel Gibson
    Stephen McEveety
    Enzo Sisti
    Written by Benedict Fitzgerald
    Mel Gibson
    Starring James Caviezel
    Maia Morgenstern
    Monica Bellucci
    Hristo Naumov Shopov
    Mattia Sbragia
    Rosalinda Celentano
    Music by John Debney
    Cinematography Caleb Deschanel
    Editing by John Wright
    Studio Icon Productions
    Distributed by Newmarket Films
    Release date(s) February 25, 2004 (2004-02-25)
    Running time 125 minutes
    Country United States
    Language Aramaic
    Latin
    Hebrew
    Budget $30 million
    Gross revenue $611,899,420[1]
    The Passion of the Christ (Aramaic: ܚܫܐ ܕܡܫܝܚܐ‎) is a 2004 film directed by Mel Gibson and starring Jim Caviezel as Jesus which dramatizes the Passion of Jesus largely according to the Christian Bible's New Testament Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

The Passion of the Christ largely covers the final twelve hours of Jesus' life beginning with the Agony in the Garden and ending with a brief depiction of his resurrection. Flashbacks of Jesus as a child, when Jesus worked as a carpenter, the Sermon on the Mount, the saving of Mary Magdalene from being stoned to death, and the Last Supper are also included.

The film's dialogue is entirely in reconstructed Aramaic, Latin, and Hebrew with vernacular subtitles. Fr. William J. Fulco, a Jesuit and professor of ancient Mediterranean studies at Loyola Marymount University, translated the original English script into the ancient languages and also served as the production's theological consultant.

In its initial theatrical release, The Passion of the Christ was a major hit, grossing in excess of $600 million. Ultimately, The Passion of the Christ became the highest grossing non-English language film ever.[2]

I really believe he has lost it doing this... But once again he is an actor.
    So be it.
    Last edited by 4.6coupe; 12-09-2010, 08:53 PM. Reason: i didnt mean to quote. i was trying to make a general comment.
    ./ ____ _ _\.
    (]]]_ o _[[[)
    \o_FORD_o/
    |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

Holy fuck! The edit makes it look worth checking out. The actual movie looks like the biggest pile of dogshit since Plan 9 From Outer Space. Funny.

Comment

that made me laugh
        If you can read this thank a teacher. If it's in English thank a soldier.

Comment

Working...
        X