exhaust clips/advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust clips/advice?

I am about to install my new motor in my 1967 mustang. Nothing extreme just a bored 40 over 302 (308) with a crower cam with a 500 lift. I also have hooker long tube headers as well. I also have 40 series 2 chamber flowmaster mufflers. My questions are would you dump before the rear axle with straight pipes all the way back, or dump over the axle with straight pipes all the way back, or would you install a h or x pipe and go over the axle. Any video clips would be great and or advice of what you or a friend has done. thanks for your time.
    Originally posted by Baron
    If I dissagree with you, it is because you are wrong.

Originally posted by ma67cpe View Post
    I am about to install my new motor in my 1967 mustang. Nothing extreme just a bored 40 over 302 (308) with a crower cam with a 500 lift. I also have hooker long tube headers as well. I also have 40 series 2 chamber flowmaster mufflers. My questions are would you dump before the rear axle with straight pipes all the way back, or dump over the axle with straight pipes all the way back, or would you install a h or x pipe and go over the axle. Any video clips would be great and or advice of what you or a friend has done. thanks for your time.

Your setup is very similar to what I have. I have a 302 motor bored .40 over with a comp cam (noticable lope, but not enough to hinder my A/C) and hooker long tubes to an H pipe. I have the 40 series 1 chamber flowmasters (love them!). Im dumped over the axle (just before my rear gravel shield) with straight 2.5" SS pipes back from the H pipe. I recommend H pipe for the sound, X pipe for power. I'm running 2.80 "one-whee-wonder" gears so I preferred "bark over bite". If you want to hear my car, I will be more than happy to meet you somewhere...once I fix it.

my recommendation is obviously my set up, I prefer the sound and exhaust hitting the ground right at the rear, makes it reverberate and really turns heads once you drive past
    Last edited by IHaveAMustang; 12-07-2010, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Since you cruise it alot, and dont have a/c, run the exhaust all the way out.
      Yeah you get fumes either way, but to cut down on it some run it all the way back. Dumped sounds good but can get old fast.(before the axle)

Comment

X pipe and tail pipes sound great
        Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeChevyII View Post
          X pipe and tail pipes sound great
          I need to get mine over to you for an x pretty soon, the trans is in now.

Mike, quit being a pussy, get it done once. You wont like driving it with dumps.

OH, 69 302, true duals on shortys, no crossover, 40 series flows.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^ that sounds great dj I really like that. i think I am going all the way back just depends on budget on the x pipe or not.
            Originally posted by Baron
            If I dissagree with you, it is because you are wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Pooter View Post
              Since you cruise it alot, and dont have a/c, run the exhaust all the way out.
              Yeah you get fumes either way, but to cut down on it some run it all the way back. Dumped sounds good but can get old fast.(before the axle)

^^^^ Right here....that dumped BS gets old in a hurry unless it's just from the trailer to the staging lanes.
              70' Chevelle RagTop
              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Working...
              X