No announcement yet.

A pair of 1:12th Mustangs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I switched gears a little this morning and decided to work on the '65 a little. I started creating the interior "tub". The rear seats will need to be chopped down, right now the seat back sticks out of the rear window.

I also spent some time modifying the dash from the 2010 kit to fit. It took quite a bit of cutting and finessing to get to this point. The width is perfect. The dash pad needed worked a lot to fit the window profile. It needs a little finishing work on the corners. Other than that it fits good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

A little more work done on the '65 tonight. The firewall is coming along pretty well. I don't like how far forward the engine sits. Still a long way to go, but it is getting there slowly.

Comment

Insane work!
        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
          Insane work!
          Thanks. I am hoping to get the interior pretty well finished. Once it I should be able to permanently attach the chassis tub and start working on the suspension.

Comment

Some more work on the '65 tonight. I am not quite happy with the way that the firewall kicks out towards the front of the car, instead of trailing backwards like it should be. I looked at the chassis, and tried to come up with a way to move the engine backwards, as well as the leading edge of the chassis pan so that the firewall would have the contour that I wanted. I decided it just wasn't worth the extra work to make the cuts and put the chassis back together and clean it up so that I could keep all of the details that I want on the bottom of the car.

The firewall is almost done, as is the interior floor pan, I have a bit more work to do at the front of the floor under the dash. There are a couple of "humps" in the floor that aren't covered, however, the seats sit directly on top of those.

I took 3 mm off of the bottom of the front seats so that they would clear the roof of the car, along with that, I created some "risers" so that it didn't appear that the seat was just sitting on the floor of the car. Also, I cut a couple of sections from the rear seat to help lower it in the car. It was sticking out of the back glass before.

Comment

Kickass work man. I'll get those pics for you

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
                Kickass work man. I'll get those pics for you
                Thanks. Like I said, no rush. It will be a while before I move to the engine

Comment

I scored this little gem for a song on ebay.

Hopefully the link works. These kits go for $100-150 on average if they are unopened. I usually keep an eye out for assembled/partially assembled kits

Comment

Man that's cool. I need a clone of my coupe!

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                      Man that's cool. I need a clone of my coupe!
                      When I won that auction, your car came to mind. Almost a then and now with my 2010. Doing them both in road race/trans am trim

Comment

• I did one of those drug store wind up cars to match my car. It's close but not detailed at all.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Working...
                        X