X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my bad i transposed it, you knew what I meant

Comment

lol I read it completely wrong

Ammonia is a chemical compound used as a fertilizer because it is rich in nitrogen. Its chemical formula is NH3, which means that it consists of one atom of nitrogen and three atoms of hydrogen per molecule. Because the atomic weights of nitrogen and hydrogen are not the same, the weight ratio is 82.5 percent nitrogen to 17.5 percent hydrogen. Anhydrous means the ammonia is without water. This distinguishes it from ammonia/water solutions.

Comment

I need to brush up on my chemistry....david get me 5 pounds of ergotamine salt

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherRedHead View Post
          I need to brush up on my chemistry....david get me 5 pounds of ergotamine salt
          ....*googling*......... (be right back....)

Timothy Leary says give him a call.

David

Comment

LOL. I knew what you meant.

Comment

Depending on the vapor cloud you could get within 5-10 feet before it would reach above 35ppm and detectable by smell. Anhydrous Ammonia will bind with the water in your skin to form an acid. It will melt plastic contacts to your eyes with a good blast to the face. Only way to treat an ammonia burn is with vinigar for minor contact. A drop of liquid hurts like hell. It also eats any red metal like brass or bronze. As stated above, meth cookers love to transport in propane bottles, heard of them loading in backseat of there cars and not getting to far down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                This officer arrives, checks out, and firetruck arrive in less than 5 minutes? The thread above indicates a possible training excersize?
                I wondered the same thing when watching it because the cop basically did everything you aren't supposed to do in a situation like that.

Comment

We use it to cool our warehouses. Something to consider, though, is industrial ammonia has way less water in it than ag ammonia. I'd have to look it up to give a specific figure, though. I'm on the Hazwoper team at work, and even with respirators, we're not supposed to enter visible ammonia clouds. We are supposed to knock them down with water from a hose. That shit is bad news.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                    We use it to cool our warehouses. Something to consider, though, is industrial ammonia has way less water in it than ag ammonia. I'd have to look it up to give a specific figure, though. I'm on the Hazwoper team at work, and even with respirators, we're not supposed to enter visible ammonia clouds. We are supposed to knock them down with water from a hose. That shit is bad news.
                    Industrial NH3 = anhydrous NH3

Comment

damn that was like something out of a movie.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                        Industrial NH3 = anhydrous NH3
                        Right. The ag stuff is anhydrous, as well, but their process has a higher tolerance for trace amounts of water than ours does.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                          Right. The ag stuff is anhydrous, as well, but their process has a higher tolerance for trace amounts of water than ours does.
                          Is that info a beat on your chest moment or does it have bearing on the conversation?

Comment

damn thats some bad shit
                            2003 oxford white cobra whipple powered corn fed
                            2018 F150 RCSB 5.0

Comment

Where's YouTube video? Dammit Steve Jobs, flash!

Comment

Yeah I am pretty sure if a responding unit did run into that, even by mistake, he would drag that guy out of the fumes then work on him. I can not imagine anyone running into that and staying.
                                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                                X