X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half of the people on here werent even alive when he was around!! LOL
    He was a great talent

Comment

I didn't listen to country music back when he was popular. I was pretty young also.

But way back in the day, my mom played a lot of bluegrass for us. That 2nd song in the 2nd video I posted was played VERY often during the holiday season when I was a kid. Took me a long time to realize I had heard Keith Whitley a bunch back then! LOL
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        Watching the first vid makes me realize we need more full beards in this world.
        If I could grow one, I totally would.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
          I didn't listen to country music back when he was popular. I was pretty young also.

But way back in the day, my mom played a lot of bluegrass for us. That 2nd song in the 2nd video I posted was played VERY often during the holiday season when I was a kid. Took me a long time to realize I had heard Keith Whitley a bunch back then! LOL
          I have, since I was raised on country music on 8-tracks.

I used to have "The Best of Kieth Whitley" on cassette tape. I need to go up in the attic and see if I can find it...

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXFk9...e_gdata_player this is one of his last recordings. I posted this from my phone if someone could embed it for me. Great song btw
            Last edited by SOLOW55; 01-23-2012, 03:58 PM.

Comment

I was lucky enough to meet Ralph Stanley and see him live... I can't imagine seeing/hearing Stanley and Whitley live. The dude clearly had some demons, but holy shit, not many people you can put next to Ralph Stanley who can match or best him like that
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                If I could grow one, I totally would.

<-- rocking the full beard . I work in 28 degrees and it helps

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                  I was lucky enough to meet Ralph Stanley and see him live...
                  Dude.... nice.

Comment

Keith Whitley is one my favorites. Love that style of country music.

Comment

Those are the years of country I grew up on. I still love those songs, and until I read this thread, had known nothing of Keith's untimely demise, nor the marriage to Lorrie. When You Say Nothing at All has to be one of my favorite songs of all time.

Comment

Comment

[QUOTE="MrEd";563044]i mean how many hits do you think this thread will get? LOL
                          half the fuckers on here probably have no clue as to who the hell he was and why he drank himself to death.

He was a rare talent, and this can be said for most of the great musicians out there. It just seems to flow out of them with no effort at all.

It was determined that his blood alcohol level was .477.

He had a long history of alcoholism. When someone drinks perfume and nail polish remover, then it's a serious addiction.

RIP Keith Whitley
                          sigpic
                          "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
                          through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
                          We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
                          my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Comment

Comment

Always loved his brother's tribute about him.

Comment

Working...
                              X