New daily driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New daily driver

Since life dont suck so hard over the last few months and I seem to have gotten back on my feet I figured it was time for a treat and got a car for myself to enjoy.

2001 BMW 740i M-Sport. Two owner car with a complete service history and reciepts for everything. Already has a complete Dinan suspension and everything that is common on these cars has been replaced already except for the timing chain tensioners but they are an easy job. Price was right too so I went for it.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

30K millionaire!

PM Talisman on issues to look out for. They might be costly and out you on your ballerness.

Otherwise, congrats and enjoy it!

Comment

Nice! I always did like the 740i. Never bought one because I was scared of how much they cost when they break down.

Comment

Love it, love it, LOVE IT.

Comment

Those m parallel wheels are the shit, I had them on one of my e36's.

Nice car dude!
          Ded

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
            30K millionaire!

PM Talisman on issues to look out for. They might be costly and out you on your ballerness.

Otherwise, congrats and enjoy it!
            I am familiar with their issues. They have been addressed.
            New: water pump, belts, radiator, power steering lines, intake and valve cover gaskets, PCV plate, drive shaft, ALL suspension components and bushings, cats, vac lines etc etc.
            Car has $30,000 in reciepts. I also have dirt cheap parts contacts and am in the process of opening my service/performance shop so I can perform any work needed. Its made the start up rattle for a split second one time so far so I will order the timing chain tensioners and swap them after the shop is open which isnt a hard job on these motors.
            Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Should have gotten the iL. Nice choice on the 01, since it had the widescreen navigation. That was one of the reasons I searched one out when I was in the market. Dig the color too, straight outta Tomorrow Never Dies, with the exception of not being a 750 with the v12 of course.. Glad to see it doesn't have the dash pixilation issue either.

Comment

is that a radar detector on your dash?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  Should have gotten the iL. Nice choice on the 01, since it had the widescreen navigation. That was one of the reasons I searched one out when I was in the market. Dig the color too, straight outta Tomorrow Never Dies, with the exception of not being a 750 with the v12 of course.. Glad to see it doesn't have the dash pixilation issue either.
                  I chose the i for several reasons. One is it handles better cause its smaller and lighter. The other is because the Sport pack in the iL isnt really the Sport pack. Dont get the steeper gears and the M steering wheel.
                  I got the 01 cause I wanted Anthricite or Stratus Metallic and I dont like the 95-00 black lower valance on those years and because of the wide screen nav. I wanted all the buttons but this one was too clean so I missed out on the heated seats, power fold inmirrors and PDC.

As for the Bond movie, that was actually a 740iL that they rebadged for the movie.
                  Originally posted by scootro View Post
                  is that a radar detector on your dash?
                  Yes sir. BMW coats their windows in some kind of UV protection but they leave the window clear right in that spot just for a radar detector. Thought that was funny...... kinda like they encourage you to speed. LOL

Comment

You're rolling a 7 series without heated seats? Psshaw. Mine had all that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      You're rolling a 7 series without heated seats? Psshaw. Mine had all that stuff.
                      Yeah, I feel dirty. How can you be civilized without a heated bum. LOL

Also the pixles were replaced last year.

Comment

are you the same guy that had financial issues and were living in a trailer house?

Comment

Originally posted by 78X View Post
                          are you the same guy that had financial issues and were living in a trailer house?
                          Dont forget he was disabled also.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                            Dont forget he was disabled also.
                            wait, so you were disabled, broke, and in a trailer house, and now rolling a bimmer? more power to you, but id get out of the trailer park before bringing a bmw back to the park.

Comment

It is 11 years old and has 140k on it. I'd be surprised if he paid more than 8k tops for it, though it does look to be in great shape for its age.

Comment

Working...
                              X