finally did it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally did it.

after all these years of beating the racecar up I finally got subframe connectors installed. Also got a few rips in the chassis fixed. But in the end the car is in way better shape than I thought it would be. next season is about to start, but I still need to fix a coolant leak, and put a swaybar on it. this season should be fun I will be trying some different tires at a few of the races and will hopefully take my class. it's been two years since I won the point season. lets go Dirtstang!
    I'm sure some of you will recognize the shop. lol

I don't recognize the shop, and while I'm sure it's still way better than not having them on there at all you do know they were supposed to be welded on with the weight of the car on the suspension right? For your purposes it might not matter at all, but doing it with a 2 post lift like that is not the correct way to weld them on.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
      I don't recognize the shop, and while I'm sure it's still way better than not having them on there at all you do know they were supposed to be welded on with the weight of the car on the suspension right? For your purposes it might not matter at all, but doing it with a 2 post lift like that is not the correct way to weld them on.
      there is nothing strait on the car! lol, it's more about trying to keep it alive than making it square. the only way to square this car is to put a tube chassis under it. or at least that's what I tell myself so I can rationalize one day doing that. lol

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post

there is nothing strait on the car! lol, it's more about trying to keep it alive than making it square. the only way to square this car is to put a tube chassis under it. or at least that's what I tell myself so I can rationalize one day doing that. lol
        I kinda figured that, but with all the traffic this site gets for people who are trying to research how to work on their cars (dozens of them I bet, lol) I needed to make sure they knew.
        Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post

I kinda figured that, but with all the traffic this site gets for people who are trying to research how to work on their cars (dozens of them I bet, lol) I needed to make sure they knew.
          lol, understood.

Comment

Yeah, supposed to install with weight on all 4 at ride height. I bet the door gaps are way off. If there is an issue just cut em off and redo.
            Good luck

CN

Comment

Originally posted by CyaNide View Post
              Yeah, supposed to install with weight on all 4 at ride height. I bet the door gaps are way off. If there is an issue just cut em off and redo.
              Good luck

CN
              the gaps are as bad as they where before, now it just wont get worse.

Comment

Working...
              X