My 1970 Buick GS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1970 Buick GS.

Almost two years ago, I picked up a 1970 Buick GS. She had rust in the windshield channels, doors, quarter panels, and fenders. Was a 350/3 speed manual car, and it barely ran. I tinkered with it on and off, fixing a few things at a time, until last May when I went full out. LS Swap, T-56 transmission, Dakota Digital gauges, Custom Autosound radio, frakenstein HVAC system that works as good as modern stuff, 17" Torq Thrusts, and Morris Classic seat belts. I don't build show cars, so she is far from perfect, but she is now my daily driver. I've put over 2200 miles on in 3 months. First pic is the day I brought her home, the rest are from today when I finally got a chance to clean her up.

Dang dude, that's cool!!! We need more pics and details please. Got any pics of the rust repair process, engine, interior?
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Yes more photos and more story would be awesome! When I started drag racing I had a friend with a black GS 455. Buick made such a classy car. I’d really love to see how the T56 fit and installation.

Comment

looks great. are you doing a different exhaust?

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
          Dang dude, that's cool!!! We need more pics and details please. Got any pics of the rust repair process, engine, interior?
          I documented the whole process through Youtube, it's about 15 different videos. First one is below. Engine pic, and don't judge my wiring too harsh, I'm not actually finished with the bay.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
            Yes more photos and more story would be awesome! When I started drag racing I had a friend with a black GS 455. Buick made such a classy car. I’d really love to see how the T56 fit and installation.
            I bought the BRP Musclerods LS swap kit, came with motor mounts and transmission crossmember. They said that I would have to cut the floor, stretch and weld everything. I don't know if it was the fact it was a manual transmission to start with, but the transmission slid into place like it was made for the car. I massaged a few places with a hammer, cut out for the shifter hole, and it was good. The clutch pedal made me cry. I was trying to adapt the 00 z28 master cylinder to the Buick pedal and it flat wasn't working. I burned 24 hours in the 105*F heat trying to make it work before I shelled out the $600 for the American Powertrain bolt in unit. There was no video of the install, because everything literally dropped into the factory locations.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
              looks great. are you doing a different exhaust?
              I bought that exhaust from Jegs when I was still on the 350. It was specifically for the car and never fit the way I wanted it to, nor does it sound that great. So the midpipe will likely stay, but the mufflers and exhaust tips will be swapped out.

Comment

So yall don't have to go digging through my channel, these are the more important videos. When it comes to the Buick GS, there is barely any parts available. The sheet metal is mostly just patch panels, and stuff like the hood isn't made. So nearly all of the metal work was home brew.

Comment

F yeah! Awesome! Will subscribe and watch. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X