new to me truck (from a board member)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to me truck (from a board member)

Remember that little Mazda I had? ya it's not mine anymore. traded it plus some cash with another board member, and brought home a near twin to my first truck!
    My first truck was an 87 F-150 Lariat XLT single cab long bed 2wd with a 5.0 and an auto. I loved that old truck and dove it through high school into college. I ended up selling it and buying a civic for gas mileage and to get some extra cash. I've missed that truck every day since. Well Thanks to 4eyedturd, I get to start my midlife crisis right on time. This is my "new" 1990 Single cab long bed Custom with a 300 i6 and a 5 speed.

She's not perfect, and isn't the same exact truck I had, but it's close enough for me. I prefer the bull nose trucks, but am emotionally tied to the bricknose. The plan is to fix a few things it needs to be a reliable good truck, then use it to get to work and tow the racecars. It's been 22 years since I sold my old truck, but the minute I climbed into this one I felt at home. 'm currently trying to decide if I'm going to keep it white, keep the white but paint it with some blue to match the two tone of my ranger, or if I'm going to go full midlife crisis and paint it red and do a red interior making it look just like my old truck. no matter what I do, first thing is fixing the a/c and adding a stereo. But for now every time I walk outside and climb into it, well it just puts me in a good mood. I never should have sold the last one, but this one brings that long ago time back to the front of my mind. I plan on keeping this one for the rest of my life. I know it's an odd thing to hang onto, but this and my ranger are my keepers! also man, it makes my ranger look small!

here's a shot of the old truck as well.

Congrats on the new money pit! I always liked the front ends of those years (Think the 77"s looked the best}
    Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
      Congrats on the new money pit! I always liked the front ends of those years (Think the 77"s looked the best}
      ya, it's got a special place in my heart. I like the 70's and early 80's, but none of those where my first truck.

Comment

Working...
      X