Dan Gurney's Delta Wing 24 hrs of Le Mans car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Gurney's Delta Wing 24 hrs of Le Mans car

I'm digging it. Will be interesting seeing this thing actually perform on the race course.

From here http://deltawingracing.com/

Click here for slide show

I can't embed the "simpleviewer" images so here are the links.

Air flow

CAD mock up

Foam Mock up

Images

Simulation

Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Just doesnt seem like it would be very stable in the turns with the narrow front end and wide back end. I would think it would do like the old 3 wheelers used to do. Looks killer though.

Comment

Looks cool but not sure how it would handle. Obviously they wouldn't have spent all that money building it if they didn't think it would work though.
      Originally posted by Nash B.
      Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

I don't like it

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
          Looks cool but not sure how it would handle. Obviously they wouldn't have spent all that money building it if they didn't think it would work though.
          X3 on the handling, but like you said I doubt the would spend that much and change a car that drastically if it wasn't going to be superior to the previous design
          Originally posted by Yale
          I want to give her a colonoscopy with my tongue.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
            I don't like it
            I'm undecided. It looks interesting, to say the least, and I will hold reservations until I see it perform, but at first glance it looks dumb.

Comment

Looks like the ambigously gay duo vehicle
              Originally posted by Nash B.
              Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

as long as it appears, i dont see the narrow front end impairing that much
                first class white trash

Comment

Actually, i see the narrow front end being better. Someone mentioned a tricycle earlier. Exactly like that but w/o the jack knife effect and susequent toppling action.
                  There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Is this the batmobile thread?
                    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                      I don't like it
                      Lol. Im not surprised. Traditionalist.

Comment

Its shaped like a big cock n balls.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                          Lol. Im not surprised. Traditionalist.
                          Pretty much.

I know i'm stuck in the past

When I think of Le Mans I think of Phil Hill, et al. Gurney's car looks more like a LSR machine built for the salt... and if that's where it were headed love the hell out of it.

Comment

I wonder what people said when they first saw the original GT40 design.

Comment

Nice jet

Comment

Working...
                              X