Falconers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
    I need to re-read it. I remember I got a good laugh about it when I was skimming the section on dove hunting. You could sit in a sunflower field with lawn chairs and a 24 pack and let the falcons do all the work.
    haha, yeah that's pretty cool. I do love dove hunting. Partly due to the lazy aspect of it at times. I've walked a 1500 yard sunflower field for an entire day and wore myself out, and I've also fallen asleep in my chair with my shotgun in my hand several times. It is amazing though how the sound of a dove can take you from a dead sleep to firing a shotgun in a split second. Falcons would be awesome, but I still really like shooting stuff.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I need to re-read it. I remember I got a good laugh about it when I was skimming the section on dove hunting. You could sit in a sunflower field with lawn chairs and a 24 pack and let the falcons do all the work.
      Not really all that different from dove hunting with a gun, is it? That's what I do. Sit in a sunflower field in a lawn chair, with a 24 pack. Dove fly, shoot. Sure, you go walk around every so often, but I do a lot more sitting and drinking than anything.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        Not really all that different from dove hunting with a gun, is it? That's what I do. Sit in a sunflower field in a lawn chair, with a 24 pack. Dove fly, shoot. Sure, you go walk around every so often, but I do a lot more sitting and drinking than anything.
        I usually throw on my snake boots and walk the fields when I dove hunt. Sometimes I let my dog scare them up and retrieve them, but she has a terrible habit of not wanting to give them up. I don't drink when I hunt though, that has always scared me.

I have set up some mojo doves and decoys to try and lure them in, but I get bored just sitting there and waiting.
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

there is a lot of time put into getting your falconry license, you have to find a sponser, catch a bird train it etc etc...
          i actually looked into it cause i wanted to get an owl. there is a group here in texas that you can go to one of the events and watch. i'll pull up the link when i get home and post it
          first class white trash

Comment

I usually throw on my snake boots and walk the fields when I dove hunt. Sometimes I let my dog scare them up and retrieve them, but she has a terrible habit of not wanting to give them up. I don't drink when I hunt though, that has always scared me.

I have set up some mojo doves and decoys to try and lure them in, but I get bored just sitting there and waiting.
            I do also, I like stalking birds and going out there to get them. However tying it all together with some lounging works for me.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Did you get any tips on a proper falcon punch?
              Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
              Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

One of the owners of a company I supported used to do that. He has 3-4 birds at his house, they live inside like normal pet birds.

He would bring one up to the office every now and then, and it would just hang out in his office. He said it a lot of work training them.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                  One of the owners of a company I supported used to do that. He has 3-4 birds at his house, they live inside like normal pet birds.

He would bring one up to the office every now and then, and it would just hang out in his office. He said it a lot of work training them.
                  Yeah it just seems like too much work. But I would love to see it in action

Comment

Working...
                  X