mini bikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mini bikes

If you like them or have one, lets see them. Here is one I built a few weeks ago, just a DB30 with a new 212cc engine added. It weighs about 60 pounds and is just stupid powerful, even with the centrifugal slipper clutch. My plans are to add a torque converter, hydraulic brakes and larger tires.

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

BajaBob built several, he might have something to share.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Can't find pics of the 18hp twin I built, but here are some of the others. Started building the frames when I was about 17, have owned four welders since. The red one has a Honda 5.5 on it... absolutely hands down the best little motor I have ever worked on. Very fun, this thread is inspiring me to build another now. Also, out of the several I have built, only one had brakes. Pissed my mother off so much... hehe

Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
      Baja-Bob.com

Comment

John built a mini for the round up that has working nitrous
        1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

5HP briggs, GPS checked at 42 mph.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Nice Jean seat... The wife always bitches at me for keeping my old torn up jeans. Now I have more than shooting bags to turn them into.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Thanks man. I've been thinking of getting "Levi Edition" painted on the front like the old Levi Jeeps.

That damn aluminum connecting rod used a hanger may get chunked soon. It keeps breaking the threads off the exhaust
              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

This was my son's when he was younger.

Comment

I made one in 2005 with a frame I welded up from scratch, had a 4hp Briggs and no brakes, I ended up pulling the engine and putting it on a gocart frame for my kids. I put the mini-bike frame in storage but couldn't find it last month when I looked for it, so I grabbed the DB30 off craigslist, added a $99 212 cc engine from Harbor Freight, some cutting/welding and paint. It will run 35+ mph with my massive ass on it on pavement, I had a friend pace me in his car.

I really dig the denim seat, I did the same thing on a Honda CB750 in the early 90's when I was poor as dirt and used the bike as a daily. My Honda was a rat bike/bobber before they became popular, lol.

Stevo
                  ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                    I made one in 2005 with a frame I welded up from scratch, had a 4hp Briggs and no brakes, I ended up pulling the engine and putting it on a gocart frame for my kids. I put the mini-bike frame in storage but couldn't find it last month when I looked for it, so I grabbed the DB30 off craigslist, added a $99 212 cc engine from Harbor Freight, some cutting/welding and paint. It will run 35+ mph with my massive ass on it on pavement, I had a friend pace me in his car.

I really dig the denim seat, I did the same thing on a Honda CB750 in the early 90's when I was poor as dirt and used the bike as a daily. My Honda was a rat bike/bobber before they became popular, lol.

Stevo
                    laughed my ass off

Comment

I look like a bear on a tricycle while riding it, fucked up thing is that when the clutch grabs, at about 20 feet after takeoff, it will pull the front wheel off the ground even with me on it unless I let off. I warned my friend about it, he jumped on it, hit the throttle and it launched out from under him about 10 feet away. I was on it last Saturday and came across the driveway in a spot, got the front a little light while still on the throttle and it dumped me off the back going about 25 mph. I bounced like a beach ball on my ass a couple of times and slide about 10 feet sitting bolt-upright. I wish to God someone was videoing that because it would have been comical and a youtube hit. My young son attempted to ride it, it launched out from under him, took out a picnic table and then proceeded into the side of the truck.

I think when I get the torque converter/jackshaft I'm going to relocate the rear tire/wheel about a foot back to help with the issue of the light front end.

Stevo

Comment

Baja Warrior modded and topping out at 46mph with 195 lb driver.

Jay Johnson
                        Car hauler for hire

Comment

I bought my daughter this one a couple of years ago. For the money, she has had a blast with it.

Comment

50's count?

Comment

I've got a fleet of 'em from the 60s & 70s.

Bought one at Pate a few years ago to restore for fun and the damn things just started multiplying.... I finally reached the saturation level about a year ago and they're still showing up on my door step.... and of course, after 40 years and multiple generations of kids, most are in very rough condition.

Here's a few "before" shots:

A fun and inexpensive hobby to participate in. A good information site is: www.oldminibikes.com

mardyn

Comment

Working...
                              X