Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
    That's like, your opinion, man.

I don't get butt hurt about what people like, who gives a shit that not everyone likes the same things as you?
    I drive a 99GT but im a car snob!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
      I drive a 99GT but im a car snob!
      I own an Alfa Romeo. I'm the snobbiest of all snobs now.

Comment

• Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
        That's like, your opinion, man.

I don't get butt hurt about what people like, who gives a shit that not everyone likes the same things as you?
        I just don't understand the need to take cars that handle and ride particularly well and then make them handle and ride like dogshit, all for the sake of achieving the same stylistic heights as the flat-billed baseball cap.

It's fine that people don't like the same things that I do (it makes my inner hipster feel better, to be honest). Doesn't mean it's not intrinsically bad design, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
          I own an Alfa Romeo. I'm the snobbiest of all snobs now.
          ooohh what did you get?

Comment

• if im able to find a clean one for the right price, this is what it will sit like. probably the same wheels also.

maybe the m parallels though too. guess i should worry about finding a clean 5 speed one first

Comment

sick! FUCK the E24 is a killer car. Ive been looking for one for a little while to do an LS1 swap. JK Brad lol
              Shit, of all of the LS swaps in the world, an E24 makes sense.

Comment

ooohh what did you get?
                A Milano for now, probably going to pick up a GTV6 within the next year or so. About to close a deal on a parts car down in Austin that has the bigger 3.0L V6 to drop in at some point, but I'll have to wait for a bit.

And yes, I do have a thing for ugly cars. So perhaps my input in this thread is turning on me.

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                if im able to find a clean one for the right price, this is what it will sit like. probably the same wheels also.
                That shit is dope.

Comment

maybe the m parallels though too. guess i should worry about finding a clean 5 speed one first
                  Good luck. I had my heart set on either an E24 or an E28 when I started looking this winter. Couldn't find anything that wasn't either ragged out or some old fucker's museum piece that he wanted $20k for. Probably didn't help that I was looking in the dead of winter.

Comment

• these are pretty fucking cool also. I would drive the fuck out of one if the deal presented itself

Comment

Shit, of all of the LS swaps in the world, an E24 makes sense.
                      i thought so. just a shitload more than i want to spend on a cruiser. the BMW I6 is fine for me.

Comment

these are pretty fucking cool also. I would drive the fuck out of one if the deal presented itself
                        I tossed the idea of an E31 around too, but too many nightmare stories about the electrics and the lack of availability of manual cars over here.

You'd certainly have the classiest ride in a 50 mile radius whenever you're driving, though.

Comment

A Milano for now, probably going to pick up a GTV6 within the next year or so. About to close a deal on a parts car down in Austin that has the bigger 3.0L V6 to drop in at some point, but I'll have to wait for a bit.

And yes, I do have a thing for ugly cars. So perhaps my input in this thread is turning on me..
                          hows the maintainence on that thing? Ive heard alfas are finnicky

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                          That shit is dope.
                          yea, that car is just about perfect

Comment

i thought so. just a shitload more than i want to spend on a cruiser. the BMW I6 is fine for me.
                            If you blow an S38, though, it makes a lot of sense to throw an LS1. I was looking at E34 M5s as well, and the cost of a rebuild on one of those is insane ($10k+, $5-6k in parts alone). They run forever if you keep the valves adjusted and do a top end rebuild every 150k miles or so, it seems, but drop a valve and you've doubled your investment in the car.

Comment

I tossed the idea of an E31 around too, but too many nightmare stories about the electrics and the lack of availability of manual cars over here.

You'd certainly have the classiest ride in a 50 mile radius whenever you're driving, though.
                              I could live with an auto to drive one of those. Ive heard the same about the electronics, but i think i could figure out how to work on most of that shit. They are STILL a sexy motherfucker. Id just get an 840. the 850 isnt worth the drop in mpg for the minimal gain in power IMO

Comment

If you blow an S38, though, it makes a lot of sense to throw an LS1. I was looking at E34 M5s as well, and the cost of a rebuild on one of those is insane ($10k+, $5-6k in parts alone). They run forever if you keep the valves adjusted and do a top end rebuild every 150k miles or so, it seems, but drop a valve and you've doubled your investment in the car.
                                For sure. If i bought one with a blown engine or blew up the motor it would get a 5.3 with the quickness. Well maybe npot the quickness since there are probbly no swap parts existing, but you get what i mean.

and yes please. an e34 or e39 540 is on the short list as well. Manual trans of course. Have looked at a couple m sport 540i wagons too, but too much $$

Comment

Working...
                                X