X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
    hows the maintainence on that thing? Ive heard alfas are finnicky

yea, that car is just about perfect
    They require consistent attention, but they're not horrific. They're fairly simple and there are a lot of resources out there for them. Just have to stay on top of things here and there. I'll probably spend a grand a year replacing things here and there, but I can swallow that for what I paid for it.

Comment

I could live with an auto to drive one of those. Ive heard the same about the electronics, but i think i could figure out how to work on most of that shit. They are STILL a sexy motherfucker. Id just get an 840. the 850 isnt worth the drop in mpg for the minimal gain in power IMO
      Agreed. In something that big I could live with the auto, and no, the V12 isn't worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
        I just don't understand the need to take cars that handle and ride particularly well and then make them handle and ride like dogshit, all for the sake of achieving the same stylistic heights as the flat-billed baseball cap.

It's fine that people don't like the same things that I do (it makes my inner hipster feel better, to be honest). Doesn't mean it's not intrinsically bad design, though.
        It's not a race car or anything is my point. Some people don't care about how a car handles because they get driven as normal cars to cruise around in, just to look at.

Not saying that's what I do, because I beat the shit out of my car on a daily basis (hence why I blew up the motor again two weeks ago, and just ordered a new turbo yesterday, lol) I don't plan on slamming my car, but it is lowered as much as possible without any rubbing, just because I hate wheel gap.

Comment

They require consistent attention, but they're not horrific. They're fairly simple and there are a lot of resources out there for them. Just have to stay on top of things here and there. I'll probably spend a grand a year replacing things here and there, but I can swallow that for what I paid for it.
          thats about what im spending keeping my 207k mile LS1 Trans Am on the road currently.

Comment

Agreed. In something that big I could live with the auto, and no, the V12 isn't worth it.
            for the MPG and the cost to replace that engine..

Comment

and yes please. an e34 or e39 540 is on the short list as well. Manual trans of course. Have looked at a couple m sport 540i wagons too, but too much
              I ran from E39s because of VANOS issues, but there are some really good deals out there on those cars. People want way too much for the wagons, but to be honest, I'd ask the same if I had one.

I'd still like to end up with an E28/E34 M5 at some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                but it is lowered as much as possible without any rubbing, just because I hate wheel gap.
                My Trans am has BMR springs, kyb 8 ways LCAs and relocation brackets, adjustable panhard and adjustable torque arm. I have no wheel gap up front and about 1/2 inch in the rear. rides about the same as it did on stock setup.

Comment

It's not a race car or anything is my point. Some people don't care about how a car handles because they get driven as normal cars to cruise around in, just to look at.

Not saying that's what I do, because I beat the shit out of my car on a daily basis (hence why I blew up the motor again two weeks ago, and just ordered a new turbo yesterday, lol) I don't plan on slamming my car, but it is lowered as much as possible without any rubbing, just because I hate wheel gap.
                  haha, jesus christ dude, I don't think I've ever talked to you about your car and heard "It's doing well."

Comment

I ran from E39s because of VANOS issues, but there are some really good deals out there on those cars. People want way too much for the wagons, but to be honest, I'd ask the same if I had one.

I'd still like to end up with an E28/E34 M5 at some point.
                    yea i was looking at 97s to avoid VANOS, but the later e39s are just nicer.

Comment

My Trans am has BMR springs, kyb 8 ways LCAs and relocation brackets, adjustable panhard and adjustable torque arm. I have no wheel gap up front and about 1/2 inch in the rear. rides about the same as it did on stock setup.
                      I finally swapped out my blown stock suspension and hotchkis springs for some coilovers. The adjustability is pretty nice. Need some better sway bars now.

Comment

haha, jesus christ dude, I don't think I've ever talked to you about your car and heard "It's doing well."
                        Haha, I've gotten pretty good at breaking it catastrophically every year or two. It's at a member's house being torn apart right now. Had a slight knock and a blown turbo, two cylinders low on compression, I think it's a new record for me.

Comment

I finally swapped out my blown stock suspension and hotchkis springs for some coilovers. The adjustability is pretty nice. Need some better sway bars now.
                          Im about to order sways, upper and lower lcas for the front, SFCs and maybe a tubular k member. need to order some new 315s for the rear first...they dont last very long :/

Comment

Im about to order sways, upper and lower lcas for the front, SFCs and maybe a tubular k member. need to order some new 315s for the rear first...they dont last very long :/
                            Haha, because of you driving like a jackass, or alignment issues?

I forgot I have solid LCA bushings sitting here. I just changed out my sway endlinks before I blew the motor, great timing.

Comment

Haha, because of you driving like a jackass, or alignment issues?
                              My money is on the bold!

Comment

Haha, I've gotten pretty good at breaking it catastrophically every year or two. It's at a member's house being torn apart right now. Had a slight knock and a blown turbo, two cylinders low on compression, I think it's a new record for me.
                                Can we just start calling you Brian O'Connor?

Comment

Working...
                                X