Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post

This 1968 Shelby GT500 Eleanor was sold at Barrett Jackson Car Auction in Scottsdale, AZ on January 18, 2013. The owner/builder of the car wanted perfection. The list of work he wanted done to the car was extensive. The Detail Boss, who did the phenomenal beautification of this car had this to say, " We sanded out all orange peel from every painted surface including the hood and trunk (both the top side and underside), door jambs, trunk jambs, engine bay, and the rest of the exterior of the vehicle. Followed by compounding to remove all sanding marks, we then compounded and polished this beautiful one of a kind twin supercharged 427 small block out to perfection with a total of 9 steps. This is by far the most elaborate detail we have ever performed. It is beyond concourse-level. For more information about who we are, what we do, and the builders of this car, contact us today."
      Absolutely beautiful rotisserie Resto-Mod. One-of-a-kind build with a vintage Paxton twin supercharged SVO 427 with dual quads backed by a Modern Driveline Tremec 6-speed transmission with a McLeod/Tilton hydraulic dual clutch. Complete all-wheel tubular coilover suspension and completely adjustable 4-link posi-traction rear end. Massive 6 piston Wilwood front disc brakes, Borgeson power steering, aluminum radiator, custom headers, side pipes and a massive fuel system.
      Tilt steering, custom seats and brushed aluminum deluxe interior. Every part has been hand fitted to this car with amazing attention to detail. All exterior trim has been refinished to show spec. Dash signed by Carroll Shelby.
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
        This 1968 Shelby GT500 Eleanor was sold at Barrett Jackson Car Auction in Scottsdale, AZ on January 18, 2013. The owner/builder of the car wanted perfection. The list of work he wanted done to the car was extensive. The Detail Boss, who did the phenomenal beautification of this car had this to say, " We sanded out all orange peel from every painted surface including the hood and trunk (both the top side and underside), door jambs, trunk jambs, engine bay, and the rest of the exterior of the vehicle. Followed by compounding to remove all sanding marks, we then compounded and polished this beautiful one of a kind twin supercharged 427 small block out to perfection with a total of 9 steps. This is by far the most elaborate detail we have ever performed. It is beyond concourse-level. For more information about who we are, what we do, and the builders of this car, contact us today."
        Absolutely beautiful rotisserie Resto-Mod. One-of-a-kind build with a vintage Paxton twin supercharged SVO 427 with dual quads backed by a Modern Driveline Tremec 6-speed transmission with a McLeod/Tilton hydraulic dual clutch. Complete all-wheel tubular coilover suspension and completely adjustable 4-link posi-traction rear end. Massive 6 piston Wilwood front disc brakes, Borgeson power steering, aluminum radiator, custom headers, side pipes and a massive fuel system.
        Tilt steering, custom seats and brushed aluminum deluxe interior. Every part has been hand fitted to this car with amazing attention to detail. All exterior trim has been refinished to show spec. Dash signed by Carroll Shelby.

So much "attention to detail" yet that vacuum rail and valve covers look like ass!

David

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
          I don't see how they're going to actually put that power to the ground in that Toyota, considering they come from the factory with Prius tires.
          Formula drift car probably, the car next to it is a rwd scion TC drift car, the guy that owns that car also has a widebody frs with a 2jz in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
            Formula drift car probably, the car next to it is a rwd scion TC drift car, the guy that owns that car also has a widebody frs with a 2jz in it.
            Is that the Cobra-Jet-based Ford Racing crate motor in there?

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                    So much "attention to detail" yet that vacuum rail and valve covers look like ass!

David
                    Yeah those covers needed to be cleaned. But what vac rail? I know you wouldn't miss the little detail of it being a fuel rail......
                    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Yeah that's what I was thinking
                      Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

• Comment

• A long while back I was attempting to trade my vette for a Sagaris with a guy from Liverpool. The problem is if you manage to get it approved for HS-7 import, and you successfully get the car to the US, you're on a one year grace period for registration. It's sketchy if you can get it registered road going after that period, some guys have been able to do it, some haven't. I could find no record of any TVR registered in Texas. Too much of a gamble.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• According to unconfirmed reports on social media, this McLaren P1 sports car (with a value of $1,000,000+) was heavily damaged in a crash near Dallas. The exact location is not known. The accident reportedly occurred this morning. Anyone with more information can share below in the comment section.
                            (Pic: @davesplace on Instagram)

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                              A long while back I was attempting to trade my vette for a Sagaris with a guy from Liverpool. The problem is if you manage to get it approved for HS-7 import, and you successfully get the car to the US, you're on a one year grace period for registration. It's sketchy if you can get it registered road going after that period, some guys have been able to do it, some haven't. I could find no record of any TVR registered in Texas. Too much of a gamble.
                              I knew of a guy in Highland Village with a RHD TVR Cebera. He was a Brit and had it imported when he moved there. This was back in '05 when I lived over there. Whether it was registered or not I have no idea. It sat in his garage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                                I knew of a guy in Highland Village with a RHD TVR Cebera. He was a Brit and had it imported when he moved there. This was back in '05 when I lived over there. Whether it was registered or not I have no idea. It sat in his garage.
                                He probably ran a red light and couldn't register it!

Comment

Working...
                                X