No announcement yet.

Random car thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I met this fellow a few years back, his car is really choice.

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      I met this fellow a few years back, his car is really choice.

[IMG]http://image.hotrod.com/f/31285157+q80+re0+cr1+ar0/ccrp-1108-04%2Baffordable-ford-muscle-cars%2B1985-ford-ltd-lx.jpg[/IMG
      I have never seen it in real life, but I have appreciated that one online for years. Same guy still owns it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
        I have never seen it in real life, but I have appreciated that one online for years. Same guy still owns it?
        yes, scott. I think I saw that he was pulling it down for a stroker with bigger heads, but he may have that done now.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
          I like it when we get cool stuff in.

The red engine makes me insane but the red radiator tank really makes me insane.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
            I like it when we get cool stuff in.
            ]
            What are you doing to it?

Comment

• Nice

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                What are you doing to it?
                Brakes are scary as fuck. I had to stand (like all my weight) on the brake pedal to just hold it still. Then all the sudden you would have a little bit of brakes. The passenger rear and driver front wheel cylinders were replaced so we are replacing all 4 now. Drums, shoes and hardware look great and the two old wheel cylinders have not leaked enough yet to get on anything but since the new ones are a different size I would imagine even working the car would stop like crap.
                The master is leaking and it has leaked into the booster so replacing both of those as well. There is also some rust in the master so I have to flush the system.
                The swing away steering wheel does not always lock back in place and the P/N safety switch is a bit off so you have to hold the gear selector up to start the car.
                Replacing the starter as the headers have cooked it and if it runs more than 10 minutes the starter is too hot to start the car. we are also putting a thermal blanket over the starter so the new one does not cook.
                I think we may put an electric choke on the carb too and have to adjust the part throttle mixture as well as the idle mixture. Have to call in my carb guy for that as i suck at tuning carbs.
                Originally posted by Denny
                TPS Sensor
                LMAO!!!
                Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Drum brakes? Odd, mine is disk. I also have issues with the safety swich when starting. Where is it located?

Comment

• Dunno, havent looked yet. Pretty sure its on the base of the column but I have never worked on a 54 T-Bird before.

I thought drums up front was odd too. Car is factory AC and power seat and power windows. Not sure if the brake booster was added on or not. I just dont get to see that many old cars. I have an old Chevelle, ElCamino, Galaxy, GTO and a few Mustangs that are regulars but I usually get the shit cars of the 90's to work on.
                    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• That is odd with those options, you mean 64? That is the factory master and booster FYI

Comment

• Sorry, yes, 64. Thanks for the heads up on the booster.

Comment

• They are definitely unique cars for their time. Got all the hydro wipers working the other day on mine. It will be driving hopefully soon.

Comment

• My old 64 form about 02' or so....definitely unique!

Comment

• Comment

• As a caveat .. I hate the wheels too

Comment

Working...
                                X