Fire suppression foam goes off on air force base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire suppression foam goes off on air force base

I wonder how expensive this would be to deal with. Does it just dissipate or what happens? Is there something special about the foam or is it just regular soap bubbles?

Funniest Epic Fail Videos, Pics, Memes, and Gifs - Check out our daily feed of the most humorous stuff on the web. You'll never be bored at work again. Ever! Keep Calm and Chive On!

Wow. Hopefully there weren't any F35's in there.... like that program needs more bad things to happen to it.
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
      I wonder how expensive this would be to deal with. Does it just dissipate or what happens? Is there something special about the foam or is it just regular soap bubbles?

http://thechive.com/2012/05/16/fire-...arty-6-photos/
      AFFF...Aqueous Film Forming Foam.
      It is much more than just bubbles. It is designed to form a layer of film between the product and air, suppressing fire.
      It is slightly caustic, and if the cockpit of any of those aircraft was open, just about everything in there was ruined.

I saw the same thing at Reese AFB (Lubbock) back in the mid 80's. Some knucklehead forgot to turn off the system for some welding. The sensors are IR as well as UV and Rate of Rise (temperature).

Comment

We had the halon system go off in the data center at my last job, that sucked to go in afterwards

I'd imagine the foam is much worse cost wise, our small area was somewhere between 15-20k iirc

Comment

They could make back some of the money they lost by calling a few thousand ecstacy taking rave nuts. Glow sticks, techno, and the biggest foam pit ever. LOL.
          "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Working...
          X