No announcement yet.

Critique my Retaining Wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the first pic... the 3/4 inch corrugated pipe, looks as tho the block above it has no support
    first class white trash

Comment

Weep holes red to be every 4-6 feet on the long side anywhere it's over two feet tall, and on the tall side it needs to be every 2-4 feet (probably closer to 2). Looks great otherwise, good work man.

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
        That spot where you drop down two layers at the same time is what sticks out to me. Even that out and I think you improve the look significantly.
        x2.. Taper the edges more linearly and it will have a much more appealing look to it. Other than that looks good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
          the pipe on the left is going to be a fail point. notice how the joint isnt supported above. it will cause a domino effect. at least that is the way the picture looks
          You mean this little guy? I wouldn't worry about that little guy.

In all seriousness, he's probably right. What is this corner resting on?
          "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
          -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
            You mean this little guy? I wouldn't worry about that little guy.

In all seriousness, he's probably right. What is this corner resting on?
            It might be the picture, The base is all concrete on that corner. If you look closely that corner of that wall & back behind the brick is all concrete
            GOD BLESS TEXAS
            August Landscaping
            214-779-7278
            Seb's high class.
            He'll mow your grass.
            He'll kick your ass.
            And while his kidney stones pass,
            He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
              It might be the picture, The base is all concrete on that corner. If you look closely that corner of that wall & back behind the brick is all concrete
              What they are saying is that the block on top of the left drain, does not appear to be supported by anything other than the drain. It's not overlapped on to another brick, or doesn't appear that way anyways.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                Weep holes red to be every 4-6 feet on the long side anywhere it's over two feet tall, and on the tall side it needs to be every 2-4 feet (probably closer to 2). Looks great otherwise, good work man.
                Ratt def gonna take your advice. You & 2 other Contractors highly suggested installing 1inch Weep holes every 4 to 6 feet & every 2 feet at the highest point on the corner considering it being the lowest point of the whole property. Almost 60% of the rain drains out on this corner with the rain that hits the house & then rolls off the roof & combined with fence posts ( ALSO FENCE WAS INSTALLED 2 years ago.

Thus my thread & any suggestions to help relieve the water from this corner when it rains hard in Spring
                GOD BLESS TEXAS
                August Landscaping
                214-779-7278
                Seb's high class.
                He'll mow your grass.
                He'll kick your ass.
                He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  What they are saying is that the block on top of the left drain, does not appear to be supported by anything other than the drain. It's not overlapped on to another brick, or doesn't appear that way anyways.
                  OK now I see their point! Well better to find out now then later! Looks like im gonna have to rebuild that corner
                  GOD BLESS TEXAS
                  August Landscaping
                  214-779-7278
                  Seb's high class.
                  He'll mow your grass.
                  He'll kick your ass.
                  He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                    OK now I see their point! Well better to find out now then later! Looks like im gonna have to rebuild that corner
                    I know it'll be difficult, but a wide flat piece of galvanized steel should be enough to provide the support needed and not crush the pipe. Problem is getting it installed will require disassembly of that area. Probably could glue it and the surrounding area too to firm it up.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

For the record though, it generally looks good. I did a fairly long retaining wall about 4' high once. The french drain worked okay, but any extra drainage you can provide does help. After awhile, I noticed it seeping through the wall anyway.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                      X