X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Chords

Proving most songs are indeed the same.

<--- a muthafuckin bird-plane.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Aside from a handful of people most of the true musical "artists" died in or before the 19th century.

Comment

I saw a comedian last year that did the same thing with guitar.

To KWClutch. You're a fucking moron. Proof of that are as follows:
        [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfF4QLO-L_4[/ame]
        [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPpbekTXC2M[/ame]

These are two examples in the small world of music that I actually listen to. It's what you do with the notes. Not just using them. I'm sure people that listen to other musicians will be more than happy to chime in as well.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I really enjoyed the video with Tosin. I've been struggling with 6 strings for 40 years, so I can't imagine 8!

To say all music is made from the same 4 chords is like saying all houses are made from concrete, brick, and wood. What matters is how you USE those ingredients, not the ingredients themselves.

Comment

I figured I would have to explain my comment to some idiot on here.

I hear what you're saying and agree but let me spell it out for you. In today's musical world people call lady gaga, tpayne, kanye west, etc etc etc musical "artists". Which might be true to some extent but are untalented schmoes when it comes to real musical genius as a HANDFULL of people in today's world have. I didn't say NO ONE. Yes the guys you posted are very talented true artists. Good point pointing out what I pointed out. I could quote youtube videos all day long of somewhat unknown talented musicians. Hell, even I have played the piano for 18 years and I think I'm pretty decent. But when normal people are asked who they favorite artists are you hear, katy perry, adele...all the "popular" names. If you google most famous musical "artists" AC/DC shows up in most peoples top 5. I love me some AC/DC but they are a band. And sure..."artists" but even the guys you posted do not compare to Beethoven, Vivaldi, Hayden, Rachmaninoff etc...

Comment

Maybe those cords are permanently implanted in our genetic makeup by the aliens that put us here on the planet. So, when they come back, we will have some way to still communicate with them.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                Maybe those cords are permanently implanted in our genetic makeup by the aliens that put us here on the planet. So, when they come back, we will have some way to still communicate with them.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                  Or recording executives came up with a format that works, keeps most songs around 4 minutes and allows them recycle everything. I once took an ethnomusicology that was pretty eye opening about the history of American music. A lot of what we listen to is because we do recognize it, which is by design.

Comment

cool, but really it just proves that every one writes music in a 4::4 count..
                    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                      Or recording executives came up with a format that works, keeps most songs around 4 minutes and allows them recycle everything. I once took an ethnomusicology that was pretty eye opening about the history of American music. A lot of what we listen to is because we do recognize it, which is by design.
                      Yea, but that doesn't get me on the history channel so i am just going to ignore you.

Comment

Originally posted by KWClutch View Post
                        I figured I would have to explain my comment to some idiot on here.

I hear what you're saying and agree but let me spell it out for you. In today's musical world people call lady gaga, tpayne, kanye west, etc etc etc musical "artists". Which might be true to some extent but are untalented schmoes when it comes to real musical genius
                        Hey idiot. Lada Gaga is absolutely a musical genius/artist. Have you seen her play the piano and sing with no other accompaniment? Yes, she's completely bizarre, but she oozes sheer talent and is a master of her craft. Writer/composer/performing artist. I'm partial to most of her stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by threefortytwo View Post
                          Hey idiot. Lada Gaga is absolutely a musical genius/artist. Have you seen her play the piano and sing with no other accompaniment? Yes, she's completely bizarre, but she oozes sheer talent and is a master of her craft. Writer/composer/performing artist. I'm partial to most of her stuff.
                          Is that because you are a flaming homosexual?

Comment

Thread cliffnotes about a funny video posted originally...

We're all idiots...threefortytwo is a flaming homosexual.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                              Is that because you are a flaming homosexual?
                              It would seem that she promotes the homo values awfully hard.

Comment

Working...
                              X