Street Buggies!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street Buggies!!

I need all the street buggy ideas possible so that I might have a chance to narrow what I actually want and possibly dodge the "shiny new toy-itis" with my next purchase.

Here's a rail that I absolutely love, along with a bodied buggy that I think is cool as well.
    Attached Files

The Man himself in his Corvair-powered Manx.

..and just a kickass photo.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I've found a few corsair buggies. Hopefully I can find this one project I saw yesterday. Those really make it wiggle.

This one put down 366hp to the wheels.
      Attached Files

Comment

I'd like a street legal hunting buggy, like this

Comment

I would build something like this

Comment

Dig it

Comment

I'm not looking to build one. As finicky as I am with toys, I can't really stick with projects long enough to see them through.

Ideally, I would like to trade some of my projects for a buggy.

Post number 7 is what really got my interest in a decent handling street buggy many years ago. I would make sure it had all of it's lug nuts, though. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                I would build something like this

That looks more like a Lotus Super 7 kit than a street buggy. If you're into that search "Locost". Tons of inexpensive home-builds that look like that.

Comment

Yeah that thing is awesome.. there's tons of VW based buggies up here for 1-2k Robert... roadtrip?

I wish mine were able to be registered... i wonder how difficult branding it as a home built would be.

Comment

If I'm going to buy one, then I need to clear out some of my fox bodies. If Jeremy (Whiteboy) would get off his ass and buy my GT, then I'd be set to bring in a new toy.

Why can't you register yours? Turn signals and horn are easy add ons.

Comment

Oregon won't allow any OHV on the road, regardless of lights and shit.

it already has headlights, turn signals, mirrors, horn, etc too.

Comment

That sucks.

Too bad I don't have a frame table, steel, tubing bender, welder, and WRX drivetrain. That would make one helluva street buggy.

One of these days....

Comment

Even a little b16 honda with some work done would be a blast in a sub thousand pound buggy.

Comment

That first one is awesome looking, I've always wanted one I can drive on the street.

This one is for sale in Brownwood for $4500

Is that a fair price for one like that?

Comment

Working...
                            X