what dads will do!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what dads will do!

Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Great story!

Comment

Nice. I can only hope to be as awesome a dad.

Comment

I love how he had his boy do a lot of the work with him. That is good parenting at its finest.

I've been researching for things I can have my son do with me to build responsibility, work ethics, and a can do type attitude. IMO this guy has done exactly that with this project.

Comment

Growing up we didn't have much money, but my Dad would build me things and teach me how to build things and I cherish all he taught me and those times we shared. We built a go cart out of old riding lawn mower parts. Sucker was fast. It was all bolted together with pieces of scrap metal and wood. Instead of a steering wheel, it had a tiller to steer with. Had F-N-R and no brakes, just throttle. My Dad's logic (he wasn't big on the details when it came to safety) was if I wanted to slow down, let off the gas. It was a crazy ride and all my friends and I had a blast on it. He taught me how to build teepees and forts with brush. He built a zip line once across the backyard. We had these huge oak trees and we would climb up a ladder a good 12 - 15 feet and ride this zip line a good 40 feet across the yard to another big tree...which didn't have a ladder so I had to jump (I guess Dad was trying to toughen me up?). He'd let me dig to my heart's content and we would build bunkers and stuff and have dirt clod wars. I would build push cars out of scrap wood and old wheels of just about any kind we could find. I wish I had taken pictures. My Dad had to put a stop to one of my plans though when I started thinking how to build an airplane and putting a propeller on a B&S engine. Good times!

Comment

very cool! i dunno that id turn him loose in the neighborhood though.
            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Working...
            X