Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louisiana Police Set Fire to 9,000 Gallon Gas Tanker

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c2#...ker-crash.wafb

Doesn't look like a controlled burn to me. Like there was any chance of it with 9000 gallons of fuel. Bet the roadway is in great shape after.

Comment

How did this escape Forever_Frost?

Comment

$32k street value up in flames
        1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

WHAT HAPPENED

LSP said the accident happened on I-10 East at Essen when a car flipped on the interstate around 3:45 a.m. A tanker truck stopped for the accident and was rear-ended by another 18-wheeler. That truck was hauling beer.

(Now i know why they blew it up...they were drunk and drunk guys wanna blow shit up)

The tanker is carrying isobutane, which is similar to the propane used for barbecue grills. It is an extremely flammable gas. The wreck caused a leak. A hazardous materials crew was called to the scene, as well as the Department of Environmental Quality and other experts related to this incident.

The tanker was hauling about 9,000 gallons of isobutane. Officials are worried it could ignite and cause a fire. Col. Mike Edmonson with the Louisiana State Police says "this was a freak accident," and "the flammable liquid leaking out of the tanker is looking for a reason to ignite."

They said the isobutane must be transferred from the tanker to another one before the scene can be cleared. However, the process will take some time because the valves used to transfer the isobutane were damaged in the crash.

THE CLEANUP

The process to replace those damaged valves is both dangerous and tedious. The gas will continue to leak until the valves are replaced and the isobutane is off-loaded. The off-loading process has not begun. Several experts are on the scene and they believe the safest way to offload the fuel is to do a "vent and leak" or "vent and burn."

DEQ is doing air checks, testing samples to make sure the gas isn't spreading too much. So far, it is all clear.

Baton Rouge Mayor-President Kip Holden says the main concern in this situation is the safety of residents.

Several experts are on the scene and they believe the safest way to offload the fuel is to do a "vent and burn."

The preparation to begin the "vented burn" started around 8:30 p.m., truckloads of dirt and heavy equipment were seen going by the site of the crash. The preparation is ahead of schedule. We're told it's expected to take several hours.

Comment

Wonder how long it took for all of that shit to burn off.
            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

This place was a freaking mess yesterday. They had I 10 shut down all day yesterday, It took me 35 minutes to go 3 miles on Perkins yesterday evening. They started the burn around midnight and were starting to open WB lanes around 0400.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post

(Now i know why they blew it up...they were drunk and drunk guys wanna blow shit up)
                Alcohol is not required for this in Louisiana. We just wanna blow shit up PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                  Alcohol is not required for this in Louisiana. We just wanna blow shit up PERIOD

Yep, X2

Comment

Working...
                  X