My 72 C10 mods....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
    I've heard nothing but good things about the ECE stuff. You'll really be surprised at how well they ride and especially how much improved they handle with a good static drop.....honestly it's not so much an oxymoron in these trucks. When done right they will actually ride way better than stock....still smooth, but firmed up enough to take away all the slosh they are so known for. A good static drop and a factory 3/4 - 1-ton front sway bar will do wonders....I'm serious when I say you'll be amazed. However, just be aware that you are limited on spindle drop with 15" wheels...so if you are planning to stay on 15's, I'd strongly suggest that you carefully research your spindle options....I originally had 15x8 truck Ralleys on mine (my old sig pic) when I first installed everything, and I couldn't even drive it b/c the wheels didn't clear the lower control arms well enough to turn hardly at all. The truck also looked way low with the 15's on it. The current wheels are 20x8 & 20x10 Coys, and they are a 1-off finish. I custom ordered them with magnesium colored centers, and then flat machined/brushed barrels with matte clear powder coat....I was going for kind of a retro theme. I've also got some custom machined center plates in the works, to replace the chrome center caps. Tires are 255/45s, and 295/45's....it U-turns to the locks with zero rubbing now.

If you plan to stick with 15's, you might think more along the lines of a 3/4 drop. I think they look really good on the right set of 15's too.

BTW - I found a HD fan among my parts stock, but haven't yet located a clutch...however I'm almost positive that I have a brand new one somewhere....I'll let you know when/if I find it. I should be able to get some more time this weekend to look for it.
    Damn, I didn't even think about the spindle clearing the wheels. That sucks. I think that they make torque thrust wheels in a 17, I recon those wouldn't look too bad. I was thinking like a 275 all the way around when I do drop it. To me, getting the truck "down" is more important than staying with the 15's. I just don't want to put anything big on there (no offense). That's really the only thing I don't like about most of the foose cars I've seen is the gigantic wheels on the old cars. Just not my thing.

And that's great news about that fan. Let me know man. I'm sure what you want for it will be reasonable. Only thing that sucks is that it's going to have to be shipped. Let me know when you get a chance.
    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
    There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

What is this, a truck forum?? Looks good regardless.
      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Nice truck! Seeing your pics kinda makes me miss my old 72.

Comment

Originally posted by kobuzz View Post
          Nice truck! Seeing your pics kinda makes me miss my old 72.

Damn man. That was clean. And our trucks could be brothers. What were the specs on the drop and who made it? Also, specs on the wheels if you remember them.
          04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
            What were the specs on the drop and who made it? Also, specs on the wheels if you remember them.
            Front:
            Chisholm 3 inch spindles
            DJM 3 inch spring
            shock relocators
            15x7 with 245/60R15

Rear:
            DJM 6 inch spring
            Adjustable panhard bar(to center rearend)
            shock relocators
            15x10 with 5 inch backspacing 315/60-15 ET Streets

This was a 71 I also owned it had the complete ECE suspension and the same size wheels and tires as above.
            ECE 3 inch spindles and springs in front
            6 inch springs in back and adjustable panhard bar.

Comment

OP, love your truck!

The only think I dislike is the tint. I just don't think it looks good on old trucks.

If I had a bitchin' ride like that, I would want people to come look at the inside!

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                OP, love your truck!

The only think I dislike is the tint. I just don't think it looks good on old trucks.

If I had a bitchin' ride like that, I would want people to come look at the inside!
                I hear ya man. I was hesitant to do it. But I figured if I didn't like it, I could always pull it off. It REALLY helps keep the in cab temps nice and cool with the A/C system. I think that it might not be able to keep up on really hot days without the tint.
                04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Working...
                X