Bought the wife a newer car..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought the wife a newer car..

Both the Excursion and my Mustang were inoperative for about a week so I thought I would go out and pick up a third 'more practical' vehicle. I had originally planned on this being the wife's car, but she doesn't want anything to do with it (she is not a car person, nor does she care what she drives as long as it gets her there). I have had it now for 2.5 weeks and she has yet to drive it, which is okay....cause this thing is neat. I don't think I will ever get back into the Mustang.

I had no idea what options were on the car when I bought it and I am learning as I drive it. For example, the second day I had it someone ran a red light and had crossed my path at speed, the car went bananas with flashing lights, loud noises, and had slowed on its own to avoid hitting the truck that crossed in front of me.....while this sounds neat, it was fucking terrifying to learn it had that ability. So I thought it would be a good idea to do a little more reading on it so I wouldn't have to go thru that again.
    Last edited by Duncan; 09-13-2012, 11:18 AM.

maybe she doesn't like to drive 4x4 sedans?

Comment

Looks nice to me. What's wrong with that woman?

Comment

That a SHO?

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
          That a SHO?
          Yes...2010. It is fun for a nearly 4400lb sedan.

Comment

The SHO is a bad Mofo in my opinion,. Id drive one.

Comment

Nice car!

Comment

E85 plus tune !
                Awwwwww skeet skeet skeet
                03gt intech POWA!

Comment

Originally posted by 03shadow4v View Post
                  E85 plus tune !
                  E85 is good times but I think I will leave this one be. Mainly cause I cant afford to modify it....

Comment

What is she driving instead?
                    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                      Looks nice to me. What's wrong with that woman?
                      I am sure she will come around eventually, which will put me back in my 14 year old car. But Manny and crew are currently working on the Mustang to make it a little more fun for me so it will all work out.

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                        What is she driving instead?
                        I had the Excursion fixed (under valve cover wiring harness). I did the driver side but the passenger side went shortly after so I had a buddy at Ford fix it. Its only got 220k on it. I was going to trade it until they told me it was only worth 3k (not worth trading at that point).

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                          I had the Excursion fixed (under valve cover wiring harness). I did the driver side but the passenger side went shortly after so I had a buddy at Ford fix it. Its only got 220k on it. I was going to trade it until they told me it was only worth 3k (not worth trading at that point).
                          Excursion only worth 3k? Is it fucking trashed on the inside?
                          "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
                            V-10 probably.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
                              Nope, typical ripped leather seat on the driver side. And mah quick fix on the rear quarter where someone had run into while it was parked but even with those imperfections, it is worth more.

Comment

Working...
                              X