Go pro 91coupemike.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go pro 91coupemike.

Got the torque boxes welded and reenforced, and a good pair of 26x10 et drags.

I'm still working on the best way to launch the 2.95 1st gear, with the old 3.35 you could dump the clutch at 3500 and it was good, not so much with the 2.95.

1st pass 13psi @ 3500 1.8x 60ft
    2nd pass 17psi @ 4000 1.9x 60ft
    3rd pass 15psi @ 3800 1.84 60ft

This was on my chrome ponies, I generally loose a tenth with the front runners. Also the engine was warm the whole time, never got a cool pass in. Hot lapped. Last time out I was trapping 82.6 with stock headers. Was doing 81.4 last night, could just be from added grip off the line.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

At first glance I thought the pressures listed were boost pressures instead of tire pressures.

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
      At first glance I thought the pressures listed were boost pressures instead of tire pressures.
      Be slower then a stuck turd if those were boost pressures!

I posted them for any insight, a lot of folks say to redline it and dump the clutch @ 12psi.. I'm sure that will work but the last time I tried that it just spun the tires. Lol

Comment

Good shifting mike. I'd still expect better 60 foots than that. Ive went 8.2 at your mph.

Get some suspension man, and watch the times drop. No reason not too, now that you have the tq boxes done.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
          Good shifting mike. I'd still expect better 60 foots than that. Ive went 8.2 at your mph.

Get some suspension man, and watch the times drop. No reason not too, now that you have the tq boxes done.
          I think the sve 2inch drop springs hurt my 60ft a little.

I'd expect it to do 1.7x at the most.

I'll go out there another night when I have more time to dial it in and let it cool down.

Comment

id have to dig into my time slips, but if i remember right with all stock shit i was 60 footing mid 1.7's.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
              id have to dig into my time slips, but if i remember right with all stock shit i was 60 footing mid 1.7's.
              Yeah I can see that being what it should be.

Its all in time, my main focus now that I have this is the h/c/I then I'll have to build the rear end, get it in a jig ect.. Hopefully along the way I'll get some decent wheels on it.

It's coming along.. Slowly.

Comment

Runs good man.
                Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Nice shifting, I need.to get me a go pro

Comment

Was that at Northstar?

Comment

Originally posted by kennybo View Post
                      Was that at Northstar?
                      Yes.

Comment

I don't remember seeing you up there, but that is cool. I'll have to stop by and say hi. I was driving my red 13GT with black rims.

Comment

Originally posted by kennybo View Post
                          I don't remember seeing you up there, but that is cool. I'll have to stop by and say hi. I was driving my red 13GT with black rims.
                          I saw your car.

You were parked next to a gt500 and a super slow ls1 camaro. Lol

What was your car running? I saw it in the lanes and the pits but didn't get a chance to watch it run. It looks good, love those cars.

Comment

Do you have any suspension mods... My best 60ft was an 1.75 with 4 cylinder springs in the rear and eibach lower in the front with strange 10 way adjustable shocks and struts

Comment

you're getting there mike. pm when you dyno your car, you should eventually be a good race for me with the way you're going. oh and nice sig

Comment

Working...
                              X