No announcement yet.

Dumb things you see while driving picture post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I lived in Beverly Hills, off Rolando (serious ghetto then, doubt it's gotten any better) for a few years when I moved down there (in '92) to go to TSTC (or whatever they're calling it these days). We went to MR pretty much every weekend, because, well, unless you felt like driving to Temple, there wasn't any place else to go.

Back then, Elite had home delivery and they had some of the best fajitas in town. And of course, you had to get up early and hit Oso Burrito for breakfast burritos before work. I was a service writer and inventory manager for Allen/Jensen Mack/Isuzu/GMC while I went to school, and after I got out. Good times, right up until the job market died in 2000. Beat a hot path back to FtW then and never looked back.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
      I lived in Beverly Hills, off Rolando (serious ghetto then, doubt it's gotten any better) for a few years when I moved down there (in '92) to go to TSTC (or whatever they're calling it these days). We went to MR pretty much every weekend, because, well, unless you felt like driving to Temple, there wasn't any place else to go.

Back then, Elite had home delivery and they had some of the best fajitas in town. And of course, you had to get up early and hit Oso Burrito for breakfast burritos before work. I was a service writer and inventory manager for Allen/Jensen Mack/Isuzu/GMC while I went to school, and after I got out. Good times, right up until the job market died in 2000. Beat a hot path back to FtW then and never looked back.
      I live in Beverly Hills and there is a ghetto section (by the MR) and a working class Mexican section (the one I am in) and then the trashy Mexican side.
      I like my area cause all the houses are kept up and lawns mowed plus everyone looks out for each other and there has only been one break in for the 3 years I have lived there.

Still pretty much the poor side of town which works for me because I am poor. LOLZ.
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• I guess you guys are talking about a completely different Beverly Hills than the one I'm thinking of.

Comment

• I didn't know there was one in waco either

Comment

• Yep, head north on Valley Mills from 35, and hang a left on the street at the stadium. Pretty much that whole area south of that street (name escapes me right now) is all Beverly Hills. My house was 3920 Rolando, drove past it about a year ago, and it's not bad I guess. New owner built the garage in and painted the asbestos siding a lovely shade of white with royal blue trim.

My neighbors at the time were some real winners, next door was a Mexican Baptist preacher (his kids were the definition of "preachers kids"), directly across the street was a large black hooker who worked out of her house (and liked to leave the blinds opens, Yuk!), and the house that sits caddy corner at the end of the block was where the stereotypical white trash folks lived. Dead tree in the front yard with a tire hanging from a rope, and a pit bull hanging from the tire. Boat with no motor in the driveway. Primer gray 4x4 Chevy to pull it with (ran, occasionally). For sport, every weekend, they would get drunk in the front yard and then promptly at 10 PM, she would beat the shit out of him, run in the house and throw all his stuff in the front yard, and then lock his ass out. He'd sleep in the boat, and the next morning they'd make up and get ready to do it all over again next weekend.

Yeah, really don't miss it that much.

Comment

Yep, head north on Valley Mills from 35, and hang a left on the street at the stadium. Pretty much that whole area south of that street (name escapes me right now) is all Beverly Hills. My house was 3920 Rolando, drove past it about a year ago, and it's not bad I guess. New owner built the garage in and painted the asbestos siding a lovely shade of white with royal blue trim.

My neighbors at the time were some real winners, next door was a Mexican Baptist preacher (his kids were the definition of "preachers kids"), directly across the street was a large black hooker who worked out of her house (and liked to leave the blinds opens, Yuk!), and the house that sits caddy corner at the end of the block was where the stereotypical white trash folks lived. Dead tree in the front yard with a tire hanging from a rope, and a pit bull hanging from the tire. Boat with no motor in the driveway. Primer gray 4x4 Chevy to pull it with (ran, occasionally). For sport, every weekend, they would get drunk in the front yard and then promptly at 10 PM, she would beat the shit out of him, run in the house and throw all his stuff in the front yard, and then lock his ass out. He'd sleep in the boat, and the next morning they'd make up and get ready to do it all over again next weekend.

Yeah, really don't miss it that much.
              Between 35 and Bagby is still pretty ghettoriffic. Between Bagby and Speight it gets quite a bit nicer (cleaner, nicer cars) and then from Speight to Memorial the houses are better upkept and cars are all at least from this millennium. LOL
              Its very quiet and 95% Mexican but all my neighbors are nice and even mow my lawn.
              Strange fun fact, if I am listening to Pandora and am within a mile of my house then 75%+ of the commercials are played in Spanish.
              Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Edit: According to Google I don't live in Beverly Hills. You enter the Beverly Hills zip code though and the pin is literally two houses West of my house. Strange.

Comment

• We moved out to Perry (bonus points if you know where that speck of a town is) in '95. Bought a small place with 4 acres and an old farm house on it. I loved it, my soon to be ex-wife couldn't stand it. Snakes in the attic, skunks under the house, neighbors cows in the front yard every other day. Farm living! LOL! That place I do miss.

Comment

We moved out to Perry (bonus points if you know where that speck of a town is) in '95. Bought a small place with 4 acres and an old farm house on it. I loved it, my soon to be ex-wife couldn't stand it. Snakes in the attic, skunks under the house, neighbors cows in the front yard every other day. Farm living! LOL! That place I do miss.
                    Yeah I made a wrong turn once in Chilton and went to 6 instead of 77 and went through Perry. Could sneeze and miss it. Did like that little dinner by the gas station. Felt like you were in someones house.

Before I moved to Waco I lived in Union High, big bonus points for knowing where that is. Was 21 miles to the closest anything. Nice, quiet, closest neighbor was 2 miles away but the snakes, spiders and skunks sucked. As was the giant bees nest made under the house. I think they pulled 7 lbs of honey.
                    Bastards. The roads sucked bad. So many nice long clear sections but the roads were so bad you couldn't really open it up and the bridge leading to Mexia was out for like two years. The week after I moved they new bridge went in and they smoothed most of 638 and 642. Now when I visit my grandmother I can bounce the truck off its speed limiter.

Comment

• Never heard of Union High, got me with that one. Must be a small one. I thought Perry was bad, had to drive 8 miles to Marlin just to go to an old school WalMart, or get BBQ at Boss Hoggs.

The weirdest thing about living in Perry, was that the water department was ran by my across the road neighbor, and basically it was a series of valves on a well head that he controlled. Piss him off, for any reason, and you had no water. My next door neighbors (about a mile to the east of my place) were constantly fighting with the guy. They ended up drilling their own well to get around his antics.

Comment

• Alien Elvis quote had me rolling. Don, we'll played sir. Well played.

Comment

Never heard of Union High, got me with that one. Must be a small one. I thought Perry was bad, had to drive 8 miles to Marlin just to go to an old school WalMart, or get BBQ at Boss Hoggs.

The weirdest thing about living in Perry, was that the water department was ran by my across the road neighbor, and basically it was a series of valves on a well head that he controlled. Piss him off, for any reason, and you had no water. My next door neighbors (about a mile to the east of my place) were constantly fighting with the guy. They ended up drilling their own well to get around his antics.
                          Almost dead center between Tehuacana and Dawson.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                            Almost dead center between Tehuacana and Dawson.
                            That area I know, because the locals said I pronounced Tehuacana wrong. We looked at property put that way before we bought in Perry too.

Comment

That area I know, because the locals said I pronounced Tehuacana wrong. We looked at property put that way before we bought in Perry too.
                              Damn, you are going through a divorce? Sorry brother!

Comment

• The kid in me would love to drive around in this.

De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Working...
                                X