Dumb things you see while driving picture post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
    I'm speaking from working at a ford dealer. It's possible you're seeing different problems now, it being 10 years later.
    I owned a bunch of late 80's/early 90's lincolns back in the late 90's... never had any air line problems, but had tons of cracked/leaking air bags. The later bags might be more reliable. haven't messed with an air suspension car in a LONG time
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
      I'm speaking from working at a ford dealer. It's possible you're seeing different problems now, it being 10 years later.
      Yeah I only get to see the 8+ year old cars for the most part. Very rarely do I get to work on a car from this decade. I do a lot of Ford work but more Chevy and Dodge really. I have only done a few dozen Town Cars, Navigators, Expiditions and Vic/Marquis and they were all worn out air springs. I have done nearly 100 Mark VIIIs and they are 75% air bags and 25% air ride compressors that are no longer available. Just had to do another spring conversion yesterday (I don't like doing those) due to a bad compressor. Pulled maybe a couple dozen from cars at the yard over the years and 1 out of 3 was still okay. Being people know I am a Mark guy they usually send their car to me and as of last month I sold my last working air ride compressor.

At any rate, where are you seeing the air line failures at? Being they are a hard plastic line they usually don't dry rot. Are they wearing through in some area? I am just curious as I may get one in one day that has good bags and compressor and would like to know (to save diagnostics time) where they like to break at.
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
        I owned a bunch of late 80's/early 90's lincolns back in the late 90's... never had any air line problems, but had tons of cracked/leaking air bags. The later bags might be more reliable. haven't messed with an air suspension car in a LONG time
        Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
        Yeah I only get to see the 8+ year old cars for the most part. Very rarely do I get to work on a car from this decade. I do a lot of Ford work but more Chevy and Dodge really. I have only done a few dozen Town Cars, Navigators, Expiditions and Vic/Marquis and they were all worn out air springs. I have done nearly 100 Mark VIIIs and they are 75% air bags and 25% air ride compressors that are no longer available. Just had to do another spring conversion yesterday (I don't like doing those) due to a bad compressor. Pulled maybe a couple dozen from cars at the yard over the years and 1 out of 3 was still okay. Being people know I am a Mark guy they usually send their car to me and as of last month I sold my last working air ride compressor.

At any rate, where are you seeing the air line failures at? Being they are a hard plastic line they usually don't dry rot. Are they wearing through in some area? I am just curious as I may get one in one day that has good bags and compressor and would like to know (to save diagnostics time) where they like to break at.

It's OK guys, you can tell Cj he's full of shit... he won'[t cry much but when he does it will be filmed and preserved for posterity.

Comment

• I was laughing the whole way to work as her nose would light up constantly.

And.... This isn't dumb... But thought I would share.

First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

• Not dumb.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
              Those bags and the air struts (what a horrible idea those were) made my living all through the 90's. I used to come across an occasional accumulator leak as well.
              70' Chevelle RagTop
              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

• After 10 years, the bags leak, and that makes the compressor run it's ass off to keep the suspension level, so it burns up the compressor.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                  He must've traded in his chevy. Movin' on up.

Nice guy as can be, too.

Comment

• Comment

• ^^^Oops, my bad, yo.
                      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• I say trucking company about to be taken to bank

Comment

• Tracy Morgan is living Maximum Overdrive!

Comment

• It's not terrible but the lights, stickers, and confederate flag are overkill for me.

Originally posted by Jester
                            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                            Originally posted by Denny
                            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• For sale in beautiful downtown Monahans, TX...

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
                                It's not terrible but the lights, stickers, and confederate flag are overkill for me.

the guy that parked right next to him must have been offended by his "racist" flag.

Comment

Working...
                                X