GWAR covering "Kansas - Carry On My Wayward Son"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GWAR covering "Kansas - Carry On My Wayward Son"

I enjoyed this waaaaay more than I should have.

Can't find an embeddable version so you'll have to follow the link:

"Carry on my wayward son. Get the hell off the couch and get a goddamn job..."

GWAR Covers Kansas 'Carry On Wayward Son' For The A.V. Club

While seminal head-banging satirists GWAR were in town last month for Chicago's Riot Fest, they also took the time to stop by The A.V. Club's office to play the publication's final Undercover session this year.

The Undercover series entails bands passing through town covering songs selected by The A.V. Club readers inside the site's heavily autographed "little round room." As the final participants in the current series, GWAR was stuck with the one remaining song: Kansas' classic-rock radio gem "Carry On Wayward Son."

The performance was exceptionally -- and expectedly -- weird and also marked the debut of the band's new guitarist Pustulus Maximus ahead of the band's upcoming tour. We'd say it's definitely worth the six minutes of your time.

Another guilty pleasure band of mine. Their last album, Bloody Pit of Horror, was one of their best.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

they are here on the 26th. HOB

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Fucking scum dogs. That shit was awesome.

Comment

Larping: The Musical?

Comment

I liked it.

Comment

Found an embeddable version

Comment

My ears.... That band should be doing the growling death metal and leave the classics alone. I like what they did with the music side of it, but that lead singer sounds like shit.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                  My ears.... That band should be doing the growling death metal and leave the classics alone. I like what they did with the music side of it, but that lead singer sounds like shit.
                  I stopped what I was listening to to hear this. Luckily it only lasted 25 seconds.
                  Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                  Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Better than the original for sure. Tighten that shit up and release it!

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                      Better than the original for sure. Tighten that shit up and release it!
                      lol!
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Decent musicians, but that lead singer sounded like a dying calf in a hail storm. Damn. Kerry Livgren should whip his ass to the "point of no return"...

Comment

I've never gotten into GWAR, but I kinda dug that.

Comment

Working...
                          X