Red Bull Stratos Mission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Bull Stratos Mission

Anyone keeping up with this? The jump was scratched today because of wind but may be a go on Thursday. There will be a live internet feed (20 cameras) with a 20sec delay in case it turns ugly. They expect him to break the sound barrier.

http://www.redbullstratos.com/

Ain't never heard of something do daggum crazy in my life there buddy.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

This is brand new news to me!!!
      Originally posted by talisman
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      Originally posted by AdamLX
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Because fuck you, that's why
      Originally posted by 80coupe
      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
      Originally posted by Rick Modena
      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

i heard they aborted it
        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Wtf is this shit about?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            Wtf is this shit about?
            Skydiver aims to break the sound barrier in free fall. Felix Baumgartner plans to ascend to 120,000 feet in a stratospheric balloon and make a free fall jump rushing toward earth at supersonic speeds before parachuting to the ground.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                i heard they aborted it
                As my post says they scratched the jump today because of 20mph winds. The balloon launch requires less than 3mph winds. Tomorrow is a no go because of the wind forecast so they are shooting for Thursday. This has been an ongoing project for a few years. He did a test jump about 6 months ago from 72,000 feet. There are tons of question marks for this jump but the biggest is what breaking the sound barrier will do to his body protected only by a special jump suit.

Comment

this is in the wrong forum, can a mod move it to the back porch?
                  THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

How is he going to go faster than terminal velocity?
                    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

the wind speeds are looking better tonight

Comment

I hope it goes down tomorrow. I find this incredibly interesting. And find myself nervous for Felix. witch is odd, seeing as I normally don't give two shits for someone I don't know. Must be kinda what it was like when we walked on the moon. People vesting interest in someone they don't know from Adam.

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                          this is in the wrong forum, can a mod move it to the back porch?
                          next to the other thread?

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                            How is he going to go faster than terminal velocity?
                            The thinner the atmosphere the faster the terminal velocity

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                              I hope it goes down tomorrow. I find this incredibly interesting. And find myself nervous for Felix. witch is odd, seeing as I normally don't give two shits for someone I don't know. Must be kinda what it was like when we walked on the moon. People vesting interest in someone they don't know from Adam.
                              i know adam
                              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Working...
                              X